Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Poachers

Old 07-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Poachers

I went for a ride last night with my father and his friend. I looked up in the field and noticed the albino buck that has been running around my area now for 2yr. So we stopped got out the binoculars and started glassing it and discovered there were 2 Monster bucks with it. While we sat there watching we heard a gun shot and all the deer stopped feeding and started looking everywhere it wasnt 20seconds later we heard another shot whizzing through the air and you could tell by the sound of the shot he was shooting a very long distance. The deer were about 400yd away from us and about 500yd away from these idiots. We drove up past this guys house to see him and his buddy laying across a picnic table with guns pointed right towards all of these bucks. The one guy started tapping the other guy on the shoulder telling him to stop as we drove by. The guy is a local drug dealer so we figure he was probably high off of something. They never seem to be able to bust him though, but everyone knows whats going on. When we got home my father called the local game warden and he said he was going to check into it.[&:]as good as the PGC is on subjects like this though i'd be suprised if it ever happened. Hopefully none of the deer were killed or wounded in their dumb stunt, but we didnt really want to stick around with drugged up idiots and loaded guns. I'll let you all know how it plays out.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Poachers

I hope this guy gets what he deserves!!
Old 07-09-2006, 12:59 PM

I really do hate scum like this. Although I don't hunt in PA thanks for calling the warden.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Freakin idiot's.Cheating the animals and all of us with their stupidity!
Old 07-09-2006, 05:00 PM

From what you say this guy is a known drug dealer. He's also openly poaching and illegally using firearms and nothing will happen to him. But, if you did the world a favor and drove by and off'd this drain on society, they'd nail your ass to a tree.

Somewhere along the line, something really got screwed up in this country.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Duckmastor2

From what you say this guy is a known drug dealer. He's also openly poaching and illegally using firearms and nothing will happen to him. But, if you did the world a favor and drove by and off'd this drain on society, they'd nail your ass to a tree.

Sure is a sick society that won't allow private citizens to shoot people when they find them poaching deer.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

ORIGINAL: Duckmastor2

Sure is a sick society that won't allow private citizens to shoot people when they find them poaching deer.
No one said you had to kill them--just maim them for life
Old 07-10-2006, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately the only ones that ever really seem to care about this crap are the hunters like ourselves, and the anti's. Game enforcement Ofcr's aren't plentiful enough to often take proper action. Plus they are just hard to catch. I have a hunting club group near my hunting land, that just love to shotgun hunt during archery season. They've been seen actually doing deer drives in archery season. But becasue they lease the land they hunt, they just proclaim to be sighting in their shotguns. Only the watchers carry a gun, and the ones driving just walk the woods unarmed. They've been reported, but still goes on.
Also my brother 1yr was mowing his lawn in August one day. A truck slows coming down the rd. He see's the truck stop maybe 60yds down from end of his lawn. There's a grown in field area next to his house. Suddenly the person starts shooting from his truck. My brother yells, and takes off after the guy. He managed to get his license plate, called ENCON Ofcr. Once he arrived they both went down into the area, to find a dead 8pt buck he'd shot. The Encon Ofcr. knew exactly who the guy was, well known poacher. The Ofcr went to his house, and issued him a ticket for illegal taking of game out of season, and shooting from the road. The poacher had several large deer mounts in his house. My brother followed up on it a few days later, and asked the Ofcr. why wasn't he also issued a ticket for trespassing. The Ofcr. agreed, and returned to the residence to issue the trepassing ticket to find another large buck hanging in his garage!! So he was issued a ticket for that as well. Last I heard the man lost his license, and was fined. But he's still out there doing it to this day I'm sure. Penalties just are not stiff enough for these scum bags. 17yrs in law enforcement as a Corrections Ofcr. I've only seen maybe 2 persons brought to jail for poaching game!!
Old 07-10-2006, 07:52 PM

BuckAlley you hit the nail right on the head. Penalties are week for these types of offenses. Heavy monetary fines plus mandatory jail time being they involve a weapon. DeerSlayer Good call on turning the dirtbags in. Keep the pressure on the WCO to see these guy's get what they deserve!
Old 07-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have generational poachers in our community,we have poachers that compete with one another,The conservation officers know fully well who they are but unless you can catch them in the act you are ham strung.
A few years ago I was in an area bowhuntingwhere I knew there were two very good bucks.I was probably a quarter mile off the road,sitting in my stand a good hour before first light.From the road I hear BAROOM!I was furious.If a big buck is consistently visable from a road in our area he is very likely to get poached.

Quick Reply: Poachers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.