Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Gobbling with a diaphram >

Gobbling with a diaphram

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Gobbling with a diaphram

Old 03-07-2004, 09:16 PM

Default Gobbling with a diaphram

I know that it has little or no practical application, but what reference word does anyone here use when gobbling through a mouth yelper?

The only reason I care is because I am so close to knockin it, but can't get the call to sound deep enough. But mostly its a simple matter of personal satisfaction. I have been saying tic or tock through it real fast almost like I was making a feed chuckle through a duck call. It comes out sounding like a wet fart into a beer can. [:@] I think we can all agree that sounding like that won't cut the mustard.

Thanks

Andy
Old 03-08-2004, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gobbling with a diaphram

Andy, It maybe the Mouth call, It sounds like your more over that hump then you can believe. The call we use is an inverted V cut. 2.5 or 3 reed will give you the deeper tone...BT
Old 03-08-2004, 05:37 AM

Thanks Adrian.....the two calls I have been using are a three reed cutter and a four reed gobbler call. With all those reeds, its almost tough to push enough air across em. Its gettin better, I figure soon enough I will do it just right and the light will come on.

Andy
Old 03-08-2004, 07:42 AM

I use a Quaker Boy Old Boss Hen and say tica. It gives you 2 notes where you would only have 1. As for practical uses, it has pleanty. Next time old waddle head is hened up and starts to come in but keeps getting led away, gobble at him.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:01 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Warning becarefull of Spit ! a slipage could resault in a poked Eye ware safty glasses [8D]

sorry BB I had too ...BT
Old 03-08-2004, 06:12 PM

BrokenBucket -

Whoa.....that worked like a charm. I had it in thirty seconds flat. I can make the gobble without my hand now which is good for projection. I was just a touch skeptical at first when you were talking about the hand and finger thing. I wasn't sure how it was going to work. I guess that by having that extra gap in order to produce noise I had to use the tip of my tounge more than the back like with a yelp. Once I did that the light came on.

Thanks much,

Andy