Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Cody Call Users?

Old 02-15-2004, 12:15 PM

Default Cody Call Users?

To everyone using Cody Call, I was just wondering if anyone is using either a World Class or a Spec 1. These are the two high-end calls from Cody.

Just wondering how long it took for you to get your call and how well the laminated pots came out? I just ordered a Spec 1 slate call and Bill told me I'll probably have it by mid-March. He's also matching it with a bocote striker for me, along with the standard heavy hickory striker. Can't wait to get my paws on this thing!! Of all the custom calls I buy and use, the Cody Spec 1 and World Class have sort of been my dream calls, and I'm finally getting one.

Tyler
Old 02-15-2004, 02:19 PM
taw

Default RE: Cody Call Users?

I don't have either one of those calls, but Ido have the codyII glass and slate. I must say I love them both and they sound so good I can't see that for the extra $ that either one of the other ones are going to sound that much better. If they do please let me know.
Old 02-28-2004, 08:34 AM
Spike

I dont have that call but i have the cody 11 also I love the cody calls they ROCK!! Cody is by far the best calls that i have ever used. I would like to know how that call sounds also. Hope It is as good or better than the cody 11.
good huntin!
Old 02-28-2004, 10:35 AM

I own a CODY World Class Glass,and it is one sweet call! It does not hold the roughness a long time,and im constantly Dressing the calling surface,but it does make some sweet Hen Music!.If i had it to do over again,ide order it,in a slate!.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

I have both of them as well as the rest of his calls even his mouth calls. I think they sound noticeably better than his "regular" calls and are much nicer. He stills makes those by hand. It took me about 6 months to get mine. Have you tried Blodgetts signature series slate or glass calls? Now those are the sweetest I've heard and by far the prettiest if you can get one. He only makes 10 of each so your chances are slim of getting one and lets say you got #1 of 10 then you have first chance at that same number the next year if you want it. My Uncle just happens to be a dealer for them and they talk quite frequently so he tells him to send my number of each for his nephew. Isn't that nice of him!!!!!! I'll post some pics of them on here. If you have any of his old ones with a 1of10 or 10of10 then he'll buy them off of ya for $400 if you want to sell them!!!!! The Cody's are good but just a notch back from the Blodgetts in my opinion.