Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Hey call makers! Get on the ball!! >

Hey call makers! Get on the ball!!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hey call makers! Get on the ball!!

Old 06-13-2003, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default Hey call makers! Get on the ball!!

Every year there seems to be that one new eye-catchin call. One that' s different in some way. Revolutionary if you will. In past years we saw for example, The Wing from Primos, or the Pump Action Yelper and Mouth Yelper from Lohmans, u get my drift. I say it' s about time one of these flagship call makers invent for us non-purring hunters[8D] a call we can purr with besides a diaphram.I know im not alone in sounding purr offensive I have always long felt that those little bubble gum whistles you get in those gum machines could be developed into a call that would fit between your lips and be made to purr. Piece of cake Im tryin my best to make someone rich here[:-]Cmon call makers, get on the ball and research this and give us next year that new, revolutionary call for us purr deficient hunters. Anybody else with me here?
Old 06-13-2003, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hey call makers! Get on the ball!!

Its so hard to come up with a call that a Company can market with out having a bad name in the end, or making it wirth while to put money into and getting it back out. I think in the passed couple of years most companies have slowed on ideas because of bad names that some calls tend to end up with. The thing with the Purr call is that most use the Push Botton type calls for the Purr. I' m sure there are ideas out there just coming up with them is another thing...BT
Old 06-13-2003, 11:20 AM

Default RE: Hey call makers! Get on the ball!!

I know it would be illegal and I am only kidding--but can you imagine how much weirder we we would look if (along with our camo outfits), we had a real domestic hen turkey with a rubber band aroound her beak...that would make a GREAT call!

Frankly, I' m amazed that every year, somebody actually DOES come up with a new type of call. Humans are a very creative specie!

(Speaking of BAD ideas.....does anybody here remember " Turkey Scent" ---come on now...how many of you " fell for that one" ?