Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Who are the top custom call makers? >

Who are the top custom call makers?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Who are the top custom call makers?

Old 01-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default Who are the top custom call makers?

I am not "In the know" when it comes to custom calls,and I need some help.There are so many call makers.I have a cody call,and dad's.I'm curious in your opinion who are some of the top quality custom call makers.I hear Steve Harrison is good.Thanks!
Old 01-27-2006, 04:00 PM

Default RE: Who are the top custom call makers?

what kind of calls are ya interested in. I think there are many excellent pot call makers. And less for box calls and yelpers
Old 01-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

slate calls,I have plenty of glass/crystal calls.

I am looking at the Steve Harrison osage orange slate,talkin' stick,cane creek,woodhaven,lee's champion slate,ray tom,s&s,tom teaser,and light's out honey locus.

If I had $400 I'd buy them all [8D],but I can only afford 2 of them,and I am having a hard time deciding,especially when I can't hear them for myself.I didn't know who the more popular makers were.Thanks for any help!
Old 01-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

Oh,and I don't want another high pitched call.I'm looking for a raspy..deeper sounding call.Thanks!
Old 01-27-2006, 05:55 PM

Hey, Im abig slate fan myself. I have one of Wendell Rye (Lights out) Glass calls in Honey Locust. He has a slate in Midwest.It is pure T turkey. I see you are from Geogia one of the mostdeep nasally soundingslate call I have is from a guy in Americus,GA. Brett Murray. Ill try to find some links to his calls. He makes a great one.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:10 PM

http://www.customcalls.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=collectors;action=display;num=109261 3470;start=0#0

http://www.customcalls.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=collectors;action=display;num=111154 6975;start=0#0

http://www.nwtf.org/message_board/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=calls&Number=18556 1&page=26&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0& amp;fpart=
Give him a holler
[email protected]
Old 01-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

I have got a great sounding glass and slate call from Andy Kaiser at Kaiser Kalls and I have got a box call coming from Shalloow Rio that I am pretty excited about
Old 01-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

So tell me, whose opinion are you going to take for fact?
Old 01-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

99,I am very happy with Steves work and you wont be sorry purchasing that osage orange!Lot of good custom call makers out there anymore!As far as a deeper sound from your surfaces is concerneda good rosewood striker on slatemight be what your lookin for.Alot of mistakes are made by fellas purchasing a whole new call when really a change ofstriker is really all you needed to do to get your desired tone..
Old 01-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

All you named make a fine call. Just take the plunge and pick the two that sound best on the phone or flip a coin!
I really like my Bud and Betty slate call.

Quick Reply: Who are the top custom call makers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.