Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 turkey roadside... ethics >

turkey roadside... ethics

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

turkey roadside... ethics

Old 04-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: turkey roadside... ethics

I passed on 2 opportunities last week on nice gobblers off the road. I wll tell you that most people around where I hunt would have taken the shot.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Fork Horn

I must clarify that I have never been hunting in the nude nor will I ever do so!
I also forgot in my moment of disgust that if someone is travelling down the road with a loaded weapon that would be illegal... at least here in Pennsylvania it is... So not only are you committing a violation of game law but you are also committing a violation of state law... Deoending on your state crime codes... but I do not think that it varies that much from one state to the next.
Wow you really must want the anti-hunting agenda to have all the more reason to outlaw hunting as well as gun ownership!
Genious!

Old 04-21-2008, 03:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 04-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Typical Buck

Passed this guy up this weekend because he was on the side of the road, shot him with my camera instead. Not a big bearded Tom, but when hunting them in the steep national forest ground of Idaho any turkey is a good turkey.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

I'm sure it happens every day of the season... And I'd be willing to bet that some of them make it to this forum [align=right]
[/align]
Talking about yourself?

I'm not nieve and think that everybody that huntsis ethical I'd be willing to bet my life that over 50% of the people running around in the woodsbreak some kind of game law every season... You need to get out of the fantisy land that you live in DA[:-]
Old 04-21-2008, 11:52 PM
Fork Horn

Mr. Longbeard, have you ever broken a game law? Are you in the 50%? Bet your life? Wow.

Pot callingthe kettle black? or do you prefer Those in glass houses should not throw stones?

Sounds kinda shotty (shoddy) to me
Old 04-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: gpower1

i was drivin home today and say a GREAT gob struttin right by the road. i could have jumped out of my car and strangled him if i wanted... i didnt have my shotty in the car but if i did, im not sure if i would have pumped him one or kept on goin since it wasnt hunting and he was probably the dumbest turkey ive ever seen in my life. if you were in my position with the loaded 12 ga in your car, what would you have done
I probably would have stopped a shot a round off in the air in hopes of educating him. Educating himforsomeday down the road,when the dumbest"so call hunter"I've heard about in my life stops and shoots him!

Are you for real or this some kind of bet or dare you're buddies put you up to asking? I sure hopeit's a dare and you're really not that stupid Here's your sign!

Shoot him with a camera and make it a season challenge to get him the right way. I'm sure if you did it that way you would learn just how stupid that gobbler is. He would probably give you a few good leason

Old 04-23-2008, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

I'm sure it happens every day of the season... And I'd be willing to bet that some of them make it to this forum [align=right]
[/align]
Talking about yourself?

I'm not nieve and think that everybody that huntsis ethical I'd be willing to bet my life that over 50% of the people running around in the woodsbreak some kind of game law every season... You need to get out of the fantisy land that you live in DA[:-]
I would have to agree... You can google gun or hunting accidents and see the number of people who are out hunting without educational course certificates... That in its self is totally against the law.
So, I'd be willing to bet that there are quite a few people who perform illegal acts on this board, more than enough have admitted to not being safe, so why all legal?
Old 04-23-2008, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kingvjack

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

[/align]
Talking about yourself?

I would have to agree... You can google gun or hunting accidents and see the number of people who are out hunting without educational course certificates... That in its self is totally against the law.
So, I'd be willing to bet that there are quite a few people who perform illegal acts on this board, more than enough have admitted to not being safe, so why all legal?

I also agree. And will say that not all illegal acts are rightfully wrong. in this case you bet your apple basket its wrong.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hootnscoot

Mr. Longbeard, have you ever broken a game law? Are you in the 50%? Bet your life? Wow.

Pot callingthe kettle black? or do you prefer Those in glass houses should not throw stones?

Sounds kinda shotty (shoddy) to me
hootnscoot,
I think he's referring to people willfully and knowingly breaking a game law. Sure people break some laws and don't know it. but when they learn it they should follow it even if they don't agree.

Here it would be illegal to have a loaded shotgun in your vehicle. It is also illegal to shoot from the road. This is common knowlege here and anyone doing so would be breaking the law knowingly. Its not hunting its poaching.

I am amazed these posts pop up all the time on here. Guys if you want to continue to hunt in the future you have to follow game laws no matter if you agree with them or not. Acts like shooting a animal from the road just to say you killed one gives all hunters a bad name, even though I would not call the act hunting in any way. The media is bent on making our sport look bad. Alot of people would be fine with them doing away with hunting altogether. Poachers are not hunters but are looked apon by the media as such. They make hunters look like a bunch of drunken idiots out in the woods shooting at anything that moves. I find it sad that people see it this way and believe the only way to keep our right to hunt around is to be as good of a hunter as possible. I mean follow the laws and not acting like an idiot for the public to see (acting like an idiot in private is pefectly fine LOL )

If you want to continue to hunt in the future think about what you do everyday and how it could effect hunting.

Quick Reply: turkey roadside... ethics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.