HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - turkey roadside... ethics
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 05:55 AM
Jasonlester
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: turkey roadside... ethics

ORIGINAL: hootnscoot

Mr. Longbeard, have you ever broken a game law? Are you in the 50%? Bet your life? Wow.

Pot callingthe kettle black? or do you prefer Those in glass houses should not throw stones?

Sounds kinda shotty (shoddy) to me
hootnscoot,
I think he's referring to people willfully and knowingly breaking a game law. Sure people break some laws and don't know it. but when they learn it they should follow it even if they don't agree.

Here it would be illegal to have a loaded shotgun in your vehicle. It is also illegal to shoot from the road. This is common knowlege here and anyone doing so would be breaking the law knowingly. Its not hunting its poaching.

I am amazed these posts pop up all the time on here. Guys if you want to continue to hunt in the future you have to follow game laws no matter if you agree with them or not. Acts like shooting a animal from the road just to say you killed one gives all hunters a bad name, even though I would not call the act hunting in any way. The media is bent on making our sport look bad. Alot of people would be fine with them doing away with hunting altogether. Poachers are not hunters but are looked apon by the media as such. They make hunters look like a bunch of drunken idiots out in the woods shooting at anything that moves. I find it sad that people see it this way and believe the only way to keep our right to hunt around is to be as good of a hunter as possible. I mean follow the laws and not acting like an idiot for the public to see (acting like an idiot in private is pefectly fine LOL )

If you want to continue to hunt in the future think about what you do everyday and how it could effect hunting.