Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 What is the worst mistake you have made hunting? >

What is the worst mistake you have made hunting?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

What is the worst mistake you have made hunting?

Old 03-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default What is the worst mistake you have made hunting?

1.) I remember my first was with a Pellet Gun shot out a Window.

2.) Was with a freind and we were at his lake trying to kill a Duck he let me hold a 22 and I touched the trigger and it went off.

3.) Rabbit hunting and a friend was in line with a Rabbit and I shot man he was mad[&o]

4.) I was hunting at Peck Ranch and it was cold and I touched the Trigger and BOOM my 25-06 went off. I was embarresed to come in that night because I knew they would be asking who shot. And they did!

5.) I was with some friends Hunting and we crossing a fence and this guys Rifle went off...It could have been Bad!

6.) I took a friend Bird hunting once and this guys gun was off safty. I made him put it on Safe and we got up a covey of Birds and he couldn't shoot...LoL Because his gun was on Safe. He blamed me...LoL

I have been very LUCKY! Learn from my mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!

TF
Old 03-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is the worst mistake you have made hunting?

Did you ever take Hunters Safety?? Man, I dont want to be around you and guns. haha. Biggest mistake I made was somehow forgetting to put the arrow on the arrow rest (I had it set off to the side for some reason). Deer came in, drew back, let it fly and missed WAY to the right. That wasnt good.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Ok since we reminicing I got in trouble by my father for shooting a squirell with my BB gun over 10 times. I didnt lose my BB gun but oh what a butt whippin I got. Next mistake I made was I was deer hunting with my bow. I had just made a mock scrape not 10 yards from me. So I climbed up the tree and got set down and decided to light a cigarette, instead of putting on my bow glove (I did knock my arrow though). So here I am 30ft in a tree smoking a cigarette and I hear a snap. I turned to look and it was a huge 10 pointer walking right to the scrape. I think Oh Sh*t and snuff the cigarette out and start to put the glove on. Now hes was moving away and I finally gota shot on him and missed him at 50 yards. I learned a lesson there. Next is I called a turkey in to about 5 yards and completly missed this bird. I shot right over his head. I learned another lesson then...
Old 03-23-2008, 05:06 AM

The days I went to working instead of calling in sick to hunt....
Old 03-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

This really isn't a subject to make light of. That many mishaps with a gun going off is completely inexcusable. [:@]
Old 03-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ive hunted for thirty years, two seasons ago I had my gun go off, while walking in the woods to Turkey hunt. Had checked the safety and then slung the gun over my back, I carry my gun barrel down and to the side. Crouch down to go through some thick stuff and boom!! Well I must have knocked the safety on the gun when I through it over shoulder, and a stick must have set the trigger off. Very glad I made sure the muzzle was in a safe direction or it could have been tragedy. Now I check my safety and discharge the shell when I get up and move.

Don't know why you think all your screw ups are funny.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

well when i was about 8 or so with my bb gun there was a old abandon barn and i shot the windows out my dads boss wasnt to happy had to pay with my birthday money
Old 03-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

This really isn't a subject to make light of. That many mishaps with a gun going off is completely inexcusable. [:@]

Yeah thats what i was saying. I can understand one of those mistakes happening once, but several occasions is definetly nothing to brag about, and especially nothing to laugh about.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't post anything here except that I'm glad my father raised me to be somewhat patient and careful with a firearm, and that I grew up not to be as much of a complete jackass as the guy who started this thread.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

Boys...Boys...You must be City Dude's....I have hunted ALL my life..A LOT... we would hunt almost every weekend. When I bird hunted I would get home from work and Take Pat out for One Point and Rise.

I had to look back and see what you all were talking about[:@]

Charlie P Said this...Don't know why you think all your screw ups are funny.
ORIGINAL: rybohunter

KDSBERMAN Said:...Yeah thats what i was saying. I can understand one of those mistakes happening once, but several occasions is definetly nothing to brag about, and especially nothing to laugh about.

he couldn't shoot...LoL Because his gun was on Safe. He blamed me...LoL
Did you read the Story?

Calling Names is good way to get kicked off this Fourm!
KingvJack:Said...I grew up not to be as much of a complete jackass as the guy who started this thread. That would be me!

If you want to say you are sorry, I am listening

TF

Quick Reply: What is the worst mistake you have made hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.