Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

advice needed

Old 12-15-2007, 01:14 PM

Default advice needed

I was very fortunate to have 120 acres fall in my lap about 3 weeks ago which I plan to use for deer hunting. However I have turkey everywhere! I pulled into the pasture bordering the property about 1 week ago and couldn't count them all. I estimated 35 - 40.
So...Looks like I will be Turkey hunting this year though I have never done it before. I have a couple of buddies that have offered to show me the ropes but I wanted to educate myself first (stategies, calls etc.). Can someone please guide me toward some comprehenseve instruction?
I live (and hunt) in West Central Georgia.

Thank you very much,

JNestle
Old 12-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: advice needed

I'm sure your buddy's are ready and willing to helpYou've got 75% of the work done already... Go get a couple decoys, ground blind and a box call
Old 12-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Fork Horn

You're profile doesn't list what part of the country you're in, but I would begin to use feed as an attractant as soon as possible. Many times turkeys have a winter and spring range, and with only 120 acres, you could find that the turkeys are not their this spring. An alternative plan is to become acquanted with the neighbors and get their permision to hunt land that borders you.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:15 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the new ground!

Finding birds is the hard part! I suggest you buy some turkey hunting magazines and maybe some videos.
There are many kinds of calls out there, you might want to buy some different cheap ones before you invest in some more expensive calls.
Dont hesitate to PM me with any questions. Get ready, your about to be HOOKED....
Old 12-16-2007, 11:01 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Go back through the acrhives here and read man read! There are very good tips, techniques and strategies on our back pages here on this ole Forum......

JW