Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Advice needed for new bow >

Advice needed for new bow

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Advice needed for new bow

Old 12-21-2003, 09:06 AM

Default Advice needed for new bow

Hello to the board, I recently purchased a Bear Whitetail II bow, the bow is in very good condition and came with a lot of extras, unfortunately there was no manual.
The bow may be a older model, but I think it will suit my needs as I live in the United Kingdom and I will only be hunting small game.
Would anyone have access to a manual for the bow ?
I have posted some pictures, if someone could answer the questions with the pictures I would be very grateful.

I have turned the limb screw several times but I am unsure if anything has happened, what is the purpose of turning the screws ?

Picture removed

A T-300 arrow rest came with the bow is this all I need to rest an arrow and be able to shoot ?

Picture removed

The steel cable is resting in a small black circle with the letters A-E, when I got the bow the string was in the C notch, what are the different notches for and how can I change the string to a new notch ?

Picture removed

When I try and pull the bow back I can only pull back a couple of inches.

Many thanks FinalHolmes
Old 12-22-2003, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Advice needed for new bow

The limb bolts are for adjusting poundage--i believe that bow is something like a 55-80 lb bow?Do NOT back out the limb bolts too far or your limbs will come off the bow!
The arrow rest you have is for fingers--i believe on that bow it WILL NOT take a conventional screw-in rest?
Last but not least--those little dealies on your cables are for draw length adjustments(you will need a bow press to work on that)--and i would say to bring it to someone with a press.In my opinion this bow is pretty outdated and will be a headache to try get any modern accessories to work with this bow--it can be done but will take a lot of afro-engineering.jmho.
I am making all of these comments based on a bow that was worked on for a friend of mine--and i think it is the same bow you have there.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:27 AM

Default RE: Advice needed for new bow

Many thanks for your reply, I think I will look for another bow in the new year.

Best wishes FinalHolmes