Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Anyone use walker's game ear for hearing gobbles? >

Anyone use walker's game ear for hearing gobbles?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Anyone use walker's game ear for hearing gobbles?

Old 05-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Anyone use walker's game ear for hearing gobbles?

Seems to me it could help pick up those distant gobbles, but does it help?
Old 05-20-2007, 02:39 PM

Default RE: Anyone use walker's game ear for hearing gobbles?

Funny you should ask Doug, I just pick up the Power Muff Quads last week and used them this past weekend. At 47 years old my hearing is not what it used to be. Now I can tell you I will go into the woods without them. I bought the Power Muff because I like that you can set the volume for each ear different and pick sounds in 4 different directions. Saturday morning with them on I could hear the tom’s on the roost a lot easier, but also when they hit ground and what direction they were go (of course to the opposite field that I was set up in). I was able to hear a hen cut and could tell she walking away taking the toms with her. Not only will use them for turkey I plan on using them this up coming bow season. I highly recommend them you will not be sorry.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought my Dad a Walkers Game Ear a few seasons ago for Fathers Day and he's used it for turkey hunting ever since. He swears that it's forever changed the way he hunts! It does seem amazing just how well he can pin point distant Gobbles in themorning when I'm running locator calls. It's an impressive piece of hunting gear in my opinion. He tried the Power Muffs this season but they ended up with a short in 'em and heended up returning them to Cabelas for a refund.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:31 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I am directionally dysfunctionalble! I am deaf in one ear!

Do they help absolutley and I have used them now for 3 years. Battery life is great as long as you remember to turn them off. I carry extra batteries in my truck.

And they keep your ears warm on a cold day!

JW
Old 05-21-2007, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

You mean to tell me there are guys that old here that have to use these things? I probably need a pair myself. I have tinitis from all of the duck hunting I have done. I hear they work great. I can still hear pretty good, but the ringing will never go away. I will break down and buy a pair one day. If I continue to duck hunt, I had better get me a pair.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:14 AM

WOW... I bought a pair this year (on ebay the power muffs for about $190) just so I could hear the birds better. I was not disappointed at all. I too suffer from tininitis and this has helped alot. I am looking forwart o using them during deer season too. I must say I haven't mastered all the settings yet. There is a volume knob and an inner wheel that adjusts the tones (or something like that) that you can hear. I just put batteries in it and all is great with the world. THe batteries in mine are a bit odd but Walmart (among other places) readily carries them. Even with the great hearing benefits it is equally as good to have them tone down the loud noises.

I am hoping they come out soon with a model to tune out the wifey... J/K