Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Strange in Oklahoma

Old 04-15-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Strange in Oklahoma

Opening day was a week ago Friday, and the weather had been great til the night before. Temps dropped 30 degrees, rained that night, snowed a little in the morning. Could not get a gobble one. So, what happens, it rains off and on for 4 more days, and it stays unseaonably cold. Like 20 degrees below normal. Today was the first day of sunshine, so I got to my private unpressured area where I know there are plenty of birds. I dont hear a gobble or any hens carrying on either. I tried my crow locator call and nothing. I tried my box call, same. I tried everything in my vest and nothing. However, I did see a few hens, one within 35 yards and I could not turn her head with any call I threw at her. Anyone ever go through this? Whats up?
Old 04-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Strange in Oklahoma

Sounds like what I'm hearing about in north central Tx. I figure its just a matter of time!
Old 04-16-2007, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

Yup,

The weather seems to be werird in a lots of places. I guess just hang in there if you can and its GOT to get better, right?
Old 04-16-2007, 08:44 AM

The weather has been strange in Georgia as well. Temps have been varying as much as 40 degrees with thunderstorms moving through then strong winds on the back side. It will happen, but might take a while until normal activity gets back in place.