Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Strange Hen

Old 04-25-2008, 05:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Strange Hen

Was out hunting in the crappy cold wet weather yesterday with the cuz and we saw the stangest damned hen. What makes this hen so strange is that it was HUGE, "almost" astall as a Sandhill Crane, whats even stranger is that when it turned around her back was white but the rest of her was the regular Eastern turkeycolors. We named her Henzilla. Ive heard and read that some turkeys feathers will turn white if the winter is as harsh as it was this winter. I guess they freeze and lose blood circualtion to some spots. I am taking out the camera today when I get done with work and call for Mike and see if we cant get her to come in again. She came in with one tom but he snuck into the woods and she followed and then she came back out, no tom behind her. It was a bust for a hunt but interesting none the less.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:08 AM

Default RE: Strange Hen

hope ya can get some pic's.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Strange Hen

gotta see some pics of that,

Good luck
MC