Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Late start strategy question. >

Late start strategy question.

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Late start strategy question.

Old 04-14-2007, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Late start strategy question.

OK guys and gals, I need some set up help. Tuesday AM I am meeting my brother in law at the firehouse when he gets off shift. From there a 2 hour drive to the place we are hunting for 3 days. It will be about 9:00 AM when we arrive. We are pretty familiar with the property and think we will be able to find birds fairly easily. Here is what I'm not sure of. I plan on bowhunting out of a pop-up. There is a wheatfield that has been a strut zone every year. Can I just go set up the blind in daylight if I don't see birds using it at the time or should I wait until Wednesday AM and set up under cover of dark?
Old 04-14-2007, 08:38 AM

Default RE: Late start stratergy question.

if no turkeys are watching, i see no reason why you cant go ahead and set it up. it would allow you to hunt in the afternoon your first day as well. if turkeys are out there, id wait em out before i set it up tho, lol.

good luck, hope yall get into some good birds without the rain curse that were having in the east
Old 04-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Late start stratergy question.

i agree if no birds are around give it a try.or you can speed hunt.work your way through the area calling until you get a gobble then setup from there.good luck