Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team Beard Busters [5]

Old 03-12-2007, 07:11 PM

Default RE: Team 5

Looks like the team is shaping up nicely.

Any suggestions for a name?
Old 03-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Hello all,Checking in,Ditto on the bow (warning if you stick one there's a good chance yourshotgun will gather dust from then on) the only one I've taken with a gun Pat Ely called for me in Pa. Looking like a well rounded team. April 14-May 12 in NC. Name??? Wonderful Addiction
Old 03-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Only 12 more people to complete our team. Seen about 8 turkeys yesterday on my way back home. They were not close to where i hunt but it still gets me exited about the upcoming season.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:24 PM

We went out today to do a little scouting on our property.

First call I made I had three toms light up about 75 yards away through some small timber. I could see them well enough to see they had probably 6" beards. Tried calling a bit more to see if I could bring them in any closer but they had quite a few hens with them at the time.

Walked around a bit more and on the way back to the truck we ran into a flock with a half dozen or so toms in it, all with about 6" - 8" beards. It was a pretty deep snow pack this year even down low where these turkeys stayed. I'm thinking we won't have too many beards exceeding 8" this year due to it.

Anyhow, the turkeys are around for sure! Now if I can only get them to come in in April!

I don't want y'all to think I'm trying to rush in and take the team captain position here. I've participated in quite a few of these contests now so I just know to get things rolling pretty quick. Anybody wants to step in and take that spot you're more than welcome.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

washington hunter;

Your lucky, i have to wait til may. It seems like forever.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:11 PM

Trophy,

I couldn't imagine waiting that long every year! Having those toms light up on me this morning sure got my blood flowing.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

WH,lead on you're doing great. Saw a flock of 20 today w/7 jakes no long beards but with that many hens there should be some nearby. Got a nice one spotted for opening day hope he stays where he's at.I'll be roosting on the headboard and gobbling atdawn for the next couple of months.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:58 PM

Beard busters?

Just a thought!

Was out praticing my calls at some of the local park land and called in a jake....to bad i cant hunt milwaukee county. I can hunt across the street though as it right on the county line.....Just need to get the permission. The turkeys are tearin it up back there. And i know of at least 3 long beards....but i have plenty of place with big birds and proven spots!

Good luck to all
Pines
Old 03-14-2007, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

I'm here and checking in. I have 3rd week of April in WI, but I may buy an extra tag for another season. Good luck folks.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:23 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Het Rattlesnake - wea re back together again...good luck out there!

And Washington - I vote for you for Captain.....I will support you anyway I can and support any team name the group comes up with.....

Quick Reply: Team Beard Busters [5]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.