Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 first time turkey hunting >

first time turkey hunting

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

first time turkey hunting

Old 03-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default first time turkey hunting

this will be the first time i am going to turkey hunt, and i was just wondering if there was any good websites or anything you guys could give me or any advice that you guys know yourself? I will be bow hunting.

Any advice will be great. thank you
Old 03-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: first time turkey hunting

Your on a real good site right here , just look at the top of this page where you can the orange tool bar and put your cursor over the word huntingnet , then you'll seea little menu come down and you'll see turkey hunting , click on that and go from there.
Another web site you might wanna check out is ( www.nwtf.com ) the National Wild Turkey Federation is a real good sourch of information on hunting turkeys.
Or you could just read all of these post and replys in this forum , it's full of good info about turkey hunting , don't forget to look at the back page's.
Whatever you need to know , it's all right here , if you can't find the answer your looking for then ask , everybody in here will be happy to help you myself included.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with RDHunter. He gave you some good links. Huntingnet and nwtf have just about everything you can read about turkey hunting. Best of luck this up coming season!
Old 03-09-2007, 11:07 AM

As posted above. Between these 2 sites, Your covered. Good Luck This Season. You'll Be Hooked Fast!
Old 03-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

Be quiet, careful and persistent.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bow hunting turkey is some of the most skilled hunting there is... Its hard enough to get a bead on them sometimes without them seeing you... My best advise with bow hunting turkeys is to be patient with your shot and if you have a good ground blind... use it.... drawing on one bird may not be too bad.... drawing on a bird who has Jakes or other buddies following is going to be tricky.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:38 PM

Id try a shotgun for at least one year. But hey, if you stick one i will be damn proud of you. Im going to try to get one with a bow this year. What you will notice is its very hard to get a turkey into shotgun range and even harder to get one in those extra few yards with a bow. It can be done. Be quiet, be still, be patient. If you can get a hold of a ground blind, do it. If not, try and make one. Ive only been after the birds for 3 years so other people will have some better info. Also, get good with a diaphram call since you will have your bow in your hands. Good luck man. Im pulling for ya.