HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   first time turkey hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/183878-first-time-turkey-hunting.html)

vaclav 03-09-2007 09:04 AM

first time turkey hunting

this will be the first time i am going to turkey hunt, and i was just wondering if there was any good websites or anything you guys could give me or any advice that you guys know yourself? I will be bow hunting.

Any advice will be great. thank you

RDHunter 03-09-2007 10:25 AM

RE: first time turkey hunting

Your on a real good site right here , just look at the top of this page where you can the orange tool bar and put your cursor over the word huntingnet , then you'll seea little menu come down and you'll see turkey hunting , click on that and go from there.
Another web site you might wanna check out is ( www.nwtf.com ) the National Wild Turkey Federation is a real good sourch of information on hunting turkeys.
Or you could just read all of these post and replys in this forum , it's full of good info about turkey hunting , don't forget to look at the back page's.
Whatever you need to know , it's all right here , if you can't find the answer your looking for then ask , everybody in here will be happy to help you myself included.

r33h 03-09-2007 10:30 AM

I agree with RDHunter. He gave you some good links. Huntingnet and nwtf have just about everything you can read about turkey hunting. Best of luck this up coming season!

turkeyhunter_15 03-09-2007 11:07 AM

As posted above. Between these 2 sites, Your covered. Good Luck This Season. You'll Be Hooked Fast!:D

bigangrychicken 03-09-2007 11:07 AM

Be quiet, careful and persistent.

kingvjack 03-09-2007 08:20 PM

Bow hunting turkey is some of the most skilled hunting there is... Its hard enough to get a bead on them sometimes without them seeing you... My best advise with bow hunting turkeys is to be patient with your shot and if you have a good ground blind... use it.... drawing on one bird may not be too bad.... drawing on a bird who has Jakes or other buddies following is going to be tricky.

phall2 03-09-2007 08:38 PM

Id try a shotgun for at least one year. But hey, if you stick one i will be damn proud of you. Im going to try to get one with a bow this year. What you will notice is its very hard to get a turkey into shotgun range and even harder to get one in those extra few yards with a bow. It can be done. Be quiet, be still, be patient. If you can get a hold of a ground blind, do it. If not, try and make one. Ive only been after the birds for 3 years so other people will have some better info. Also, get good with a diaphram call since you will have your bow in your hands. Good luck man. Im pulling for ya.