Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

PA turkey hunting?

Old 05-07-2006, 12:32 PM

Default PA turkey hunting?

How is the season going for everyone so far? I've never had so many close calls and have yet to seal the deal. I've been seing lots of gobblers running together. What's everyone else seeing.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA turkey hunting?

all im seeing is HUNTERS!!!! even on private land....every good hunt i have something goes wrong....yesterday i had a bird RUNNING to me.....gobbling HARD core.....no doubt he would been mine...then 2 idiots came walking in..WHO in their right mind WALKS within 30yds of a HEN(ME) then continues to walk back and forth? at first i thought they were a hen...so i called back....then they walked around and i seen them...needless to say the birds all shut down.......RAH!!! im getting frustrated
Old 05-07-2006, 03:38 PM

lots of gobbling in morning and then they hit the ground and they shut up.
i seen many hunters first couple days, but second week will be a good week. i will be heading west pa near ohio border and will try to fill second tag.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

around me not much gobbling at all after flydown. and even some mornings not any on the limb. sat. morningi went to a place to listen and i was shocked when i noticed i was sitting right under 6 hens on the limb. many hens still not on nest yet, so my guess in a week or two its going to get a lot better.
it was funny they flew down and was all around me, i had one 5yds beside me calling i couldnt believe she didnt see me. then a gobbler went off and and they shut up and went right to him.
so far i hunted 5 days and i called in 4 jakes and one longbeard that i missed. ive seen 11 hens. so im seeing turks i cant complain.