Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Turkey&Turkey hunting Article >

Turkey&Turkey hunting Article

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey&Turkey hunting Article

Old 04-23-2004, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Turkey&Turkey hunting Article

I was reading the Mail Pouch in my Spring 2004 issue and this reader was giving some safty tips for turkey hunting that I thought were a little rediculous. He thinks that before you shot a turkey you should check the spurs on the turkey. Give me a break. As soon as I see head and neck he gets a load of 5's.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:16 PM

Default RE: Turkey&Turkey hunting Article

I can't even see a turkeys spurs at 35 yards.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

...Heh heh might as well check his DNA too while your at it.

Some of the things I read in these hunting magazines makes me wonder what some of these guys have for qualifications.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell me about it...
Old 04-24-2004, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

you would think he would be more concerned with looking beyond the turkey for another hunter....
besides that , this woman that hunts where i do took a bird with an 11 1/4 inch bearded bird and NO SPURS, didnt even look like he had ever had them and he was 3-4 yrs.old, we're thinking....that guy is just silly.....he must think we're hunting some open areas, mowed grass and everything, lol...i know he thinks we're hunting the gold courses...
Old 04-24-2004, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah right. Getting out a set of high power binoculars and checking the spur length is the last thing on my mind when I have a Tom in shooting range!
Old 04-24-2004, 09:11 PM
cj5

maybe you could get him to tell you his name too
Old 04-24-2004, 10:34 PM

maybe he meant this as only a safety percaution so we dont have guys running through the woods shooting at anything that looks like a turkey head. Even if you cant make out the spurs on the bird, maybe it is only meant to get you to focus in and make sure you dont shoot a bright red shiney apple out of someones hand because you saw a red head and what looked like a neck, or maybe it was an arm.....oh well!!.
Old 04-25-2004, 12:43 AM

I tried that one one year myself. Its next to imposable. Like Antler Eater Said, Might as well get a DNA sample too wile your at it.
Old 04-25-2004, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Were I turkey hunt at the hunting pressure is so great that a gobbler is not going to hang around long enough to let you get a good look at him, it almost forces you into shooting your gobbler as soon as you see him. If they don't see a hen they get nervous...

Quick Reply: Turkey&Turkey hunting Article

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.