Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 How are my Pa Boys doing >

How are my Pa Boys doing

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

How are my Pa Boys doing

Old 05-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default How are my Pa Boys doing

Had a few birds come in slience but other than nothing hopefully you guys are having better luck than me [&:]
Old 05-03-2006, 06:33 PM

Default RE: How are my Pa Boys doing

Passed on a couple of jakes and got hung up on a nice Tom today, but have at least heard birds every day out so far. Having a great season and all the birds here in Beaver County seem to be in Batchelor groups, which seems odd. I haven't have a single yet and I had three groups come in 4, 3, and today also 3. Only a matter of time, best of luck to all of you!!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

should be done but missed under 20 yards 5X full to tight.maybe thurs will be the day.gl all and have fun
Old 05-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

hunted sat and tuesday.....saturday i made a super stupid mistake i KNEW not to do...i had ATLEAST 3 gobbling on the roost right infront of me....bye bye turkeys....so i left there...went to another farm to find my buddys truck and another guys truck there...wiated for them to come out or my buddy to call me so i could find out where they were so i dont interpt them..ended up passing out lol....tuesday i had TONS of birds in every direction gobbling....nothing close...went after the closest 2...they hit the ground and went gobbling the other way before i got close....but worked a couple birds...some coming in closer but nothing close..and never comitted....running and gunning i found another bird...set up..hit the calls...10 min later BOOM BOOM.....not far below me on the hill..i go over to the edge to see him and the bird...i never seen or heard him...he was close enough for me to hear his action work on his gun! i dont know how he disappeared...running and gunning another responded to the crow call....that was around 9...set up..nothing..1030 i threw in the towel....headed back to that spot tomarrow
Old 05-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

sealed the deal saturday around 11 , nothing was talking early , but once the sun hit the fields i heard 3 gobbles , 2 of which u could tell were jakes , after that nothing , went in , ate , came back around 930 and sat and called , finally one came just walking through feeding , so i folded him , i did have a chance a a few jakes early , but i was waiting for a nicer rope...

9inch beard
just over 1 in spurs , and 23 lbs......not bad for my first pics r in the team 5 forum
Old 05-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

been out 3 times, nothing gobbling close the 1st 2 times. Different spot 3rd time, had a huge longbead hangup at 40 yds(using bow and in thick brush) probably couldn't have shot with a gun either. Headed back after him tomorrow, I know where I'm going to reposition and lose my dekes.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:27 PM

my son and i got a nice one first day 2year old gobbler 9 inch beard 1/2 inch spurs
my sons second gobbler exciting to say the least. elk co pa
Old 05-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

glad to hear some PA boys are doing alright