Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Well boys...

Old 09-17-2007, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Well boys...

We gave it our all this weekend and it just didn't work out. Seems like everyone else was seeing bucks except us! Had a few shot opportunites at some dinker bucks and a few 60 lb yearling does, but elected to pass them up. Josh got some good footage of a big (130-140 class) 8 last night just out of bow range, so we're looking forward to seeing that.

All in all, not a bad weekend really. It was good to see Todd, Kyle, and Andy as always, and getting out in the woods beats sitting at home on the couch any day of the week, deer or no deer.

Two longweeks until the IL and IA openers, and I can't wait. It sucks getting a taste of hunting and then coming home and not being able to go out. That's okay though, I have some modifications I need to be making to my camera arm setup anyways.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Well boys...

Sweet Justin atleast your able to go hunting already!!! I wish I could have!! Let us know how the footage turned out?? Walt
Old 09-17-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Todd and I reviewed out footage after each hunt and made some tweaks to the camera setup as we went. It's cool to see the improvements in footage between Saturday morning's hunt (crap) and last night's hunt, which turned out pretty well. My biggest problem was getting the audio levels set properly through the XLR adapter, which eventually required me to put on a set of headphones to listen to while filming. We had the wireless mic level set WAY too loud.

I need to make some changes to the way my camera arm mounts to the tree as well. Right now it has a flat plate that sits against the tree, which likes to move throughout the course of the hunt as I'm moving the arm around, which not only makes noise but causes the camera to lean as well. I'm either going to weld some teeth on it, or drill some holes and run some bolts through it so it will bite into the tree better.

Oh, and the GL2 definitely lacks in low-light situations. We had a good 20 minutes-ish of shooting light left and the camera was done for the night.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Justin - use the automatic settings for you're audio. That is the way everyone does it. Takes care of any issues you may have with audio levels being out of whack. Kyle can increase or decrease levels from there!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Justin, I was hopingI could meet up with you and Todd past weekend, Maybe another time. I'll be out there with Duke in late Oct. At least we could get together for a few!