Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Poachers

Old 04-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Poachers

Was watching the outdoor channel the other day...

They were doing a segment on the Missiouri DNR...

They had a road block set up on one of there main roads and they had guys on hill tops with spotting scopes to see if people were turning around to avoid the check point

Anyhow they said out of 24 turkeys that they spot checked only like 3 or 4 were legal

Do the averages.... THERE ARE A LOT OF POACHERS OUT THERE!!!!!!

Hell I've always known that!!!

Most people arent what they say they are

Old 04-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Poachers

Why do people poach? Who knows what their reasoning is. I wont tolerate it. In Indiana we have TIP (turn in poachers) I will turn them in, in a heartbeat.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can tell you why... Because hunters are impressed with numbers

You see poeple on hear all the time posting pictures of there 100 sets of spurs and beards...

Most poacher kill there turkey from vehicles...

I was working a gobbler a few years back, about 100 yards from a dirt road... Anyhow I hear a truck coming down the road and slow up then I hear a shot... Needless to say my bird stopped gobbling[:@]... I don't think the Ahole got the turkey because seconds after the shot I heard the truck spered away... I double timed up to the road and looked for signs of a kill... Didnt see any feathers so I'm sure the bird seen the Ahole and took off down in the woods...
Old 04-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

The guys who poach are the ones who CAN'T do it legal.Rather than put forth a little extra effort,they look for an easy way.If these guys are caught they should be banned from huntin for life and fined so heavily they'd have to sell their guns to pay the fines.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

The rules are there to be followed,poaching is a shallow victory. aaaaafor me ai wouldn't feel right. It's cheating!
Old 04-14-2006, 04:03 PM

I have acutally had enough of poaching, mutilations, and poachers for the last couple of years, and I was deputized by the county sheriff and through our local farm watch. To this date, I have caught and citizen arrested 3 poachers and 6 trespassers. Have to say, not something everyone should do, as it can be dangerous, but from my actions there has been a huge decrease of farm theft, poaching, and tresspassing on my land and my neighbors.