Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey boots

Old 03-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default Turkey boots

What do you guys use to re-seal your boots once the seams have come un-glued????
Old 03-21-2006, 05:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Turkey boots

JB Weld works well and sets fast. And will last longer than your boots. Or you can try rubber cement.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Turkey boots

Are you talking about rubber or leather boots? When the seams start peeling on rubber boots, I get another pair of boots. Leather boots could be restitched if you know a good cobbler.

Last week I bought a pair of Lacross rubber boots for $39.00 at Bass Pro. They were plain green andfit tight aroung the ankle. I walked about 4 miles in them Sunday and they were great. The funny thing to me is that the camo versions of these boots were priced around $100.00. The salesman told me that they don't sell many plain green ones, as the more expensive, pretty camo boots are what most folks wanted.

This experience demonstrated to me the power of marketing.This is my 25th year of turkey hunting, and I have't run across any birds yet that spooked because ofmy footwear. For years all we had for hunting the bottoms were plain hip boots, mostly green. Occasionally I would run some flat black spray paint over a new pair to knock off the shine.