Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey hunting boots

Old 05-31-2004, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Turkey hunting boots

What kind of boots do you wear and why???

I wear the Lacroose turkey boots but they are not very water proof. I want something with no insulation air boob soles and is water proof...
Old 05-31-2004, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Turkey hunting boots

i have lacrosse brawnys i think there the 7" boots but there uninsulated and very very waterproof i love them there really comfortable and like i said ive put them through alot of water with out a single leak and i only paid like $70 or so for them at the local hunting shop but id definatly reccomend them to anyone
Old 06-01-2004, 04:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-01-2004, 10:59 AM
st1

I bought a pair of Cabelas Tracker dry plus boots this year and I love them. Tall, waterproof almost to the top of the boots, extrememly comfortable, light and not expensive.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:00 PM

I think mine are Cabela's Stalkers (but they could be "Trackers" like st 1's, not 100 % sure of the name). They are Gore-tex waterproof, uninsulated, lightweight like a tennis shoe (mostly a canvas-like material), but 8-9" high for ankle support, and camo. The soles are not knobbies, though. About $100. I only use them in the turkey woods, and they have lasted three years so far, and I'll bet they'll be fine for another 5-6-8 years. I'd recommend them, and I don't work for Cabela's or have an interest in a shoe/boot factory!!
Old 06-03-2004, 02:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have two set's of LaCrosse rubber knee high boots. Their Burleys (insulated) and their Grange (Non-insulated). I love these boots for spring turkey hunting, mainly because they keep my pant legs dry from the dew in the field grass. So depending on the weather, I switch accordingly.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have anuber of different boots,,,
1 pair of Rocky Snake boots
2 pairs of Rocky 8" Cornstockers
1 pair of Norkitia knee high Rubbers

The snake boots are the best , They leek like hell , but are the quietest boot I have wore , and most that hunt with me can not believe the difference in how I can move in the woods. Believe me , they fit tight and are close to a Moccosion sole , so you can feel branches under your feet, I will say that I beleive these boots have made me more successfull in the sport.

I plan on buying another pair this coming year, and hope for a pair that don't leek,,, a friend bought me a pair of seal skin socks a few days before the season to keep my feet dry in the old pair and worked real good,, the only problem is drying the boot afterwards...BT
Old 06-03-2004, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like a boot with air boob on the bottom. They really work great in the mountains. Years a ago lacroose made there Grange non inulated boots with air bob soles and I loved them I thinking about trying the rocky snake boot. They clain there water proof...
Old 06-03-2004, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Timberland Guide Boot, 12 inch high. Gore-tex liner, outer leather with air mid-sole. I also add 3 coats of Nik-Wax waterproof preserver every summer. Most comfortable shoe I have ever owned...they also double as a fall boot for turkey/deer bowhunting.

S&R
Old 06-03-2004, 04:17 PM

Hey, Mr. Longbeard, you wrote:

I really like a boot with air boob on the bottom
Me too. Those Dolly Partons are especially soft, but I'm kinda partial to my Pam Andersons!!

Hee hee, and I apologize to all who are offended by my sexist remark!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.