Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Help with using a tube call >

Help with using a tube call

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Help with using a tube call

Old 02-20-2006, 12:00 PM

Default Help with using a tube call

Do many people use this type of call? Can you help me by giving tips on how to use one? I understand yelps and gobbles, but what about clucks, cutts, purrs, and cackles?
Old 02-20-2006, 12:25 PM

Default RE: Help with using a tube call

Sorry, ive never really used a tube call, i stick to crystal, slate and glass calls.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Cluck is done by saying Took very fast. To get the Cutting and Cackling you need to start with a cluck and then add the Rythem and pitch to the call. Remember that a Cluck , cut and Cackle are all clucks...BT
Old 02-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

- Not many people use them in my neck of the woods, and that makes it a great call. I've been making my own tube calls for15+ yrs (I have never been happy with any of the commercial tubes, but it's been several years since I've tried any of them), and it's beenmy primary money-in-the-bank call. (As with any call, your confidence in it cancontribute toyoursuccess. However, there is no one call or one tactic that will work all the time;certainly the ability to use a tube call effectively should broaden your turkey calling capabilities).I have a difficulttime teaching folks to use tubesby just by showing and listening, no way to describe it otherwise.
- Anothervery nice feature oftube calls (aside from being able to make just about every turk noise with it, save wingbeats and walking in the leaves...)is the ability todirect or throw yourcalls off to the side or behind by cupping your hand(s). I believe this helps simulate some movement from an otherwise stationary caller. Or it could be just the uniqueness of the tube call notes compared to the boxes, mouth calls, and slates that most hunters use to hammer the birds -??.

-fsh