HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help with using a tube call
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 07:37 PM
fshafly2
Typical Buck

Default RE: Help with using a tube call

- Not many people use them in my neck of the woods, and that makes it a great call. I've been making my own tube calls for15+ yrs (I have never been happy with any of the commercial tubes, but it's been several years since I've tried any of them), and it's beenmy primary money-in-the-bank call. (As with any call, your confidence in it cancontribute toyoursuccess. However, there is no one call or one tactic that will work all the time;certainly the ability to use a tube call effectively should broaden your turkey calling capabilities).I have a difficulttime teaching folks to use tubesby just by showing and listening, no way to describe it otherwise.
- Anothervery nice feature oftube calls (aside from being able to make just about every turk noise with it, save wingbeats and walking in the leaves...)is the ability todirect or throw yourcalls off to the side or behind by cupping your hand(s). I believe this helps simulate some movement from an otherwise stationary caller. Or it could be just the uniqueness of the tube call notes compared to the boxes, mouth calls, and slates that most hunters use to hammer the birds -??.

-fsh