Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Covert II Trail Cam >

Covert II Trail Cam

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Covert II Trail Cam

Old 01-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Covert II Trail Cam

Caution guys, although I see no direct linking, advertising and sales within our forums is prohibited as we have a free classifieds and paid advertisers. Also, bashing of one's product is not permitted either. Now carry on with your regularly schedule program.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:18 AM
Fork Horn

Thank you!

Old 01-15-2009, 04:41 AM
Spike

thank you, Rob
Old 01-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: korkscrew

If you like the Covert llwith it's faults you are really going to like its upgraded clone being put out by Bushnell whichwill be available soon and will sell forless.
[/align]
[/align]Bushnell Specs:
[/align][ol][*]3 / 5 Mp high quality full color[*]Day / Night Auto sensor[*]Adjustable PIR (low/medium/High)[*]Trigger speed less than 1 second [*]Multi image mode - 1 - 3 images per trigger[*]Temperature ranges / -5 - 140 degrees [*]24 infrared night vision LED's - 45 feet range[*]Runs off of 8 AA batteries for up to 6 months.[*]Video length up to 60 seconds.[*]Requires the purchase of a SD Card.[*]Model 119415 comes with color built-in LCD color viewfinder [/ol]

Thanks,
KorkScrew
I certainly hope this Bushnell camera is better than their first attempt at trail cams. It was one of the worst cameras I have ever tried, and gets horrible reviews everywhere I look. I will not be trying anymore Bushnells. They need to stick to rangefinders...

I am looking to pick up 2 cams, and havebeentrying to decide between the SG550 and the Covert II. Both seem to get good reviews butare a lot more SG'soutin the field with proven successthan the Coverts. Anybody know the major differences between the two?
Old 01-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow those are some dandys
Old 01-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: archer125

ORIGINAL: korkscrew

If you like the Covert llwith it's faults you are really going to like its upgraded clone being put out by Bushnell whichwill be available soon and will sell forless.

Bushnell Specs:
[ol][*]3 / 5 Mp high quality full color[*]Day / Night Auto sensor[*]Adjustable PIR (low/medium/High)[*]Trigger speed less than 1 second [*]Multi image mode - 1 - 3 images per trigger[*]Temperature ranges / -5 - 140 degrees [*]24 infrared night vision LED's - 45 feet range[*]Runs off of 8 AA batteries for up to 6 months.[*]Video length up to 60 seconds.[*]Requires the purchase of a SD Card.[*]Model 119415 comes with color built-in LCD color viewfinder [/ol]

Thanks,
KorkScrew
I certainly hope this Bushnell camera is better than their first attempt at trail cams. It was one of the worst cameras I have ever tried, and gets horrible reviews everywhere I look. I will not be trying anymore Bushnells. They need to stick to rangefinders...

I am looking to pick up 2 cams, and havebeentrying to decide between the SG550 and the Covert II. Both seem to get good reviews butare a lot more SG'soutin the field with proven successthan the Coverts. Anybody know the major differences between the two?
The Bushnell should be good as the guts are SG550.
The difference between SG and Covert II is 2 more IRs and slight difference on the FOV. Dont think Im missing anything else. Again, coverts inside is SG. And ofcourse, the price difference and like you said out in the field for almost a year now.........

I saw a pic of the bushnell on chasingame:

http://www.chasingame.com/forum/view...=1&t=12095
Old 01-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

There are several differences in the covert II and the SG550. The biggest is the addition of 2 LED's resulting in better night time pics. At first there was concern of battery loss because of this, but as feedman points out, any loss at all has been minimal. Next is the new case. There has been quite alot of consumer concern with the design of the case for the SG550. The bottom access door does not have a seal. Although there were no issues, the consumers saw it as an issue. The new case for the Covert II eliminates these concerns with a rubber seal around the perimeter of the case. This new seal has laid to rest the concerns over weather proof or not. Also new to the covert II is the addition of a free 2 gb SD card. There are also some other features molded into the case such as a mounting hole for a camera tripod. This allows you to use a tripod to mount the camera where there is not a tree.I hope this answers your question.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:39 AM

Skin dog is correct in his description dealing with the Covert. Last night I had a long conversation with a friend who has spent the last two days at the Shot Show and he described the Bushnell as having the same features, but it seems Bushnell chose to reverse the position of the sensor and lens to make room for the view screen in their high classed version. The word is they also upgraded the sensor to be in line with the field of view of the main camera lens. This is to correct the problem of missed pictures that was reported by Covert owners.

[/align] The next big exciting news was the release of two new mini cameras coming from Spypoint. The top of the line is suppose to be 12 MP and have a view screen with a ton of features. The $129 bottom of the line version will have switchable flash modules both standard flash and a 35 count IR flash module thatcan be removed and replaced. It will be 4 MP and have I believe a minimum delay of10 seconds. Recon also chose to go mini this year, so it appears this is the new trend that got kicked off in 08 by Scoutguard. The new Moultries are also suppose to be only about half as big as last years cameras. I got to start sticking a few dollars away because my addiction is going to get real expensive this year.

[/align]
Old 01-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

This is to correct the problem of missed pictures that was reported by Covert owners.
I've not received any of these complaints. The only thing I've heard of it was from a certain reviewing group that didn't even have a camera at the time they reported this. I'm still not certain they have a camera since the pictures on their site are photoshopped copies of the picture that is in my store. When this was brought to their attention, they chose to ignore it and lock the thread so it would soon disappear...... If there are any customers that are having problems, they need to contact DLC and report the problems so that it can be attended to. They can even contact me directly at [email protected] and I'll make certain it is taken care of.

Thanks
Old 01-18-2009, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bucks and pic.

Quick Reply: Covert II Trail Cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.