Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Moultrie Solar Power Panel >

Moultrie Solar Power Panel

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie Solar Power Panel

Old 08-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default Moultrie Solar Power Panel

Has anyone useda Moultrie Solar Power Panel, and if so how does it work?
Old 08-05-2008, 08:33 AM

Default RE: Moultrie Solar Power Panel

I use them on my moultrie feeders and they work great. I had my feeders out from December 15th till Late july and my batteries showed 100%
Old 08-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Moultrie Solar Power Panel

Using them on feeders in the open, they work great, but I've used them on my trail camera and they help depending on how much sunlight gets through the trees. I've learned to stick with duracell and energizer batteries. Last a long time every time. You don't have to worry about a possible quick battery drain. Even though a rechargeable battery may last longer with a solar panel some of the time, they're just not as reliable.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

I have had the Moultrie Power Panel for 2 seasons now and I am somewhat disapointed. The LCD screen is blank and I am not 100% sure that the battery is holding a full charge, even after I brought it home and set in direct sunlight for full day. Of course Moultrie wants you to send the product to them for evaluation. I am not sure I want to spend the money to ship it for them to tell me that it will cost nearly as much to repair as purchasing a new one. (out of warranty). I have searched the net trying to find a rebuild kit for the unit. But I have not found any such product. I agree, lf you have your power panel in filtered sunlight you will not get a full charge and depending on # of pics taken, It may not recharge enough to keep up.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

I had one... it needs to be in constant sun all day for it to work all night....If you have any shade it doesn't charge, then by morning it will be dead, that is if you are taking alot of pics. I have a friend that lives by them, but his place is in west texas, there is no shade there..
Old 08-24-2010, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you own a Moultrie I series camera, I just don't see the point. The batteries last 4-6 months and by the time you buy a solar panel, you would have to buy batteries for many years to recoup yor cost.

Blessings.....Pastorjim