Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Solar Panel mounting to a Moultrie Cam >

Solar Panel mounting to a Moultrie Cam

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Solar Panel mounting to a Moultrie Cam

Old 06-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Solar Panel mounting to a Moultrie Cam

I have the moultrie GameSpy 200 3.1 MP cam and I just bought the Moultrie 6-volt solar panel and rechargable battery for it. I was wondering how everyone mounted the solar panel to the camera? Do you mount it straight on the camera or did you just mount it to the tree? Does anyone have any ingenious tricks that they could share?
Old 06-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Solar Panel mounting to a Moultrie Cam

I will try to post our little contraption when I get home from work if I have pictures of it.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use one of the crappy bungee cords that come with the camera that don't work well enough to hold the camera to the tree but they work great for the solar panel. Where I'm using them losing the 5% of the solar panel surface from the strap crossing it doesn't matter since the batteries generally stay at 99% charged all the time.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

npaden - I didn't even think of doing that and that seems like it would work pretty good.

TexasOaks - I would love to see some pics if you can get them up!

I would love to try to come up with something where it is an all-in-one contraption. That way, when I decide to move it to another location, I just grab it and go. I don't really want to have to undo the camera, undo the solar panel get bungee cords off the tree, etc, etc. I do understand there will be a little bit of take down and setup...I just want to minimize it as much as possible.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where I have both of my cameras located right now the cameras are in a shady spot so I have to run the solar panel around to the other side of the tree and over on a branch to get it to decent sunlight so an all in one setup wouldn't work for me. An all in one setup would be pretty limited on where you could put it IMO.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: npaden

Where I have both of my cameras located right now the cameras are in a shady spot so I have to run the solar panel around to the other side of the tree and over on a branch to get it to decent sunlight so an all in one setup wouldn't work for me. An all in one setup would be pretty limited on where you could put it IMO.
This is true...
Old 06-05-2007, 03:26 PM

Doeas any one use the hardware that comes with the solar panel? Im having the same problem as you, r33h.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

I've added some extra wire to the solar panel with a few butt connectors and some shrink tube so that I can use the loop hardware and hang it on a branch then secure it with the bungee cords that come with the camera
Old 06-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's are contraption:

Its not a great pic, but the rocks are there just so it doesn't get knocked down. The boards on the side slide down so the camera doesn't get sun from the sides. The solar panel is mounted on top. It is very easily moved from place to place.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not a great picture either, but its all that I have right now.

Quick Reply: Solar Panel mounting to a Moultrie Cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.