Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
C CELL rechargable batteries and charger >

C CELL rechargable batteries and charger

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

C CELL rechargable batteries and charger

Old 08-23-2010, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default C CELL rechargable batteries and charger

I just bought a new moultrie I 55 Camers and of course all the newer latest and greatest cameras take c or d cell batteries ,
I cant seam to locate a battery and charger kit for c cell .
Where do you guys find them and best prices ... Thanks.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tracker: If you check with WalMart in the electronics section, they carry rechargeable batteries manufactured by Pure Energy. In Canada a package of two costs $10.97 plus tax. They also carry the charger which will recharge four batteries at once. AAA, AA, C and D batteries can be recharged in this charger. There is also a port for recharging nine volt batteries. I haven't seen any 9 volt rechargeable batteries, but the option is there. The batteries and charger are white in color. Batteries are manufactured in Canada, while the charger is manufactured in China. The charger runs around $28.00 plus tax in Canada. If you purchase those batteries, make sure to keep the original package and receipt incase of warranty claims.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use AA's with adapters.
You can get them off of Amazon.
During summer I use C's because my Capture doesn't eat through batteries too much but but I use the adapters in the winter with Lithium AA batteries during cold weather.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default Adapters ???

Originally Posted by pnut
I use AA's with adapters.
You can get them off of Amazon.
During summer I use C's because my Capture doesn't eat through batteries too much but but I use the adapters in the winter with Lithium AA batteries during cold weather.
What does the adapter do , run on AA instead of C cell batteries ?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Exactly - just run on AA's. They don't make C lithiums.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the AAs are the same voltage as the Cs so the adapters work very well and they are very inexpensive.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-24-2010, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

The standard "AA" batteries have the same voltage as the "C" batteries. The only difference is the "C" have a larger storage capacity. As an example: putting a small 12 volt battery in a car: the car will start. Now put a larger 12 volt battery in the car, it will also start. If for some reason the car is harder to start (cold weather) the larger battery will turn the car over longer because it has more cranking amps. (larger capacity). All standard AAA, AA, C, and D batteries are rated at 1.5 volt. The majority of the rechargeables are 1.2 volt with the exception of Pure Energy rechargeables being 1.5 volt.