Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 trail camera question.... >

trail camera question....

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

trail camera question....

Old 04-23-2008, 08:55 AM

Default trail camera question....

i am new to this andmy Moultrie M40 trail camera set on multiple pics (3) my problem i find is the 1st is awesome and the next 2 are black due to the flash not working, is that because the flash does not have time to regenerate or whats going on?

what good is the multi shot set up if 2 of every 3 are taken so quickly behind the 1st one that theres no flash in them and theyjust come out black

(this is not happenning once in awhile either, its the 2nd & 3rd pics in every series taken)

couldi have something set up wrong or is this normal ????????
Old 04-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Spike

Default RE: trail camera question....

xbow,

I've found the same thing with mine. The multi-shot only seems to work well on daytime photos so I set mine back to single shot. Multi-shot 2 & 3 don't allow enough time for the flash to recharge.

Jeff
Old 04-23-2008, 11:58 AM

ok...at least i didn't have something set up wrong

i suppose i can just let it set where its at and that way it can get multi shots during the day at least, i have a 2 - 2 gig cards so i seriously doubt i will have a problem with storage space.

plus...i figure to switch cards out every 2-3 weeks and empty pics once i have copies on my pc, i should be good to go.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have like 4 of those camera's and I think three of them have the same problem, hell one of them won't flash at all, we just put them all back to one shot every 5 minutes and get the pics now, except for the one that won't flash at all....I think we are going to send that one back but we will have to get one to replace it first. I just had a guy give me the new I60 (he owed me some money),I will put it up and send the other back....
Old 04-24-2008, 07:32 AM
Spike

xbow,

I would reset the camera to single shot or your batteries will die VERY soon. The camera is trying to recharge the flash in the multi-shot mode and my batteries were dead in a week or less. It's a real power drain. I have two and they have worked well for cheap cameras. I think the multi-shot mode was designed to be used without flash.

Jeff