Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trail Camera Question? >

Trail Camera Question?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trail Camera Question?

Old 11-01-2004, 10:37 AM

Default Trail Camera Question?

If you could get a digital trail camera that did not use a visible flash to take night time photos would you be interested in this product? Do you think that the flash from a traditional camera spooks deer at night? I've always been worried about it myself. Maybe not does and younger bucks, but the big boys are pretty spooky and I think after getting a flash snapped in their face a time or two they might be a little hesitant to visit that area again.

Thanks guys
Old 11-01-2004, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Trail Camera Question?

I don't think there are any hard fast rules as to how they react. Some deer may spook at the flash while others obviously ignore it. If you are looking to build an IR cam hop on over to Hags and talk to the fine people on the forum there. They will steer you in the right direction.

Hags House Link
Old 11-01-2004, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've usually carry my camera with me when I go hunting. I've taken a few pics from my stand this year and every time I take one the deer seem to be oblivious to it. They never even look when the flash goes off. But, I haven't taken any pics of good sized older bucks either. I did get a pic of a decent looking nine point with my stealth cam, but I haven't seen him in any more pics since the first one.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:20 PM

The game vu uses infared technologies to capture deer w/o a flash but pic quality suffers. With the 1.3mp digital stealth I can set it to daytime only pics to avoid night time flash shots. Personally IMO it depends on the deer weather or not they are scared by the flash. If you're woried about it I'd get on that only takes daytime pics or skip on the cam durring the season. To me the only thing that matters this time of year is what's out there durring legal shooting hours.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:22 AM
Fork Horn

BuckBuster80 the guys over on Jesse's can help you make a IR game camera the pics they get a pretty good if your worried about spooking game They also have posts about the commercial game cams too

Jesse's Game cam forum