Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 moultrie cameras...... >

moultrie cameras......

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

moultrie cameras......

Old 10-09-2007, 03:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: moultrie cameras......

ORIGINAL: Roach91

I love my moultrie. The only thing I say is make sure you get a rechargeable battery because mine would eat it up pretty fast.
i've had the same 6 volt battery in my Moultrie for the last 3 months. i have it set up over a scrape, so i only average around 20 pic's a week though.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have really enjoyed mine. They aren't really expensive and they take a great picture. The trigger time is a little on the slow side, so make sure you are going to be putting the cam over a food area where the animal will stay around for a while. I have my cam around a feeder and I get some really nice pics. As one other person mentioned, the cam does go though batteries pretty quickly, so it is definitely worth investing in the rechargable battery and a solar panel or charger. My rechargable battery was about $10 and the solar panel was around $25 and well worth the investment.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

I have a 3.1 and a I40. Both have worked well for me.

-john
Old 10-12-2007, 09:25 PM

The new Moultrie D40 is junk. . .
I am in full agreement. Out of four brand new ones right out of the box, one had a broken terminal, two would not power up, and one of 'em is still on trial. That's a 75% failure rate. AND, customer service is impossible to talk to or email. . . .they're just not user friendly.

It'll be a cold day in hell when I buy another moultrie product of any kind.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

i've heard nothing butgood about them
Old 10-14-2007, 10:39 PM

between my cousin and i we have three now. one is an old one i think its a 1.3 and have had no problems.. little slow on the trigger but it works being on the food plot. we each got the 4.0 6v models his works good although with a 1gb card his will only hold 500 pic and mine says it will hold 1500.. all the settings the same but it says mine will hold more...i dont get it. mine it will hold more pics but it just doesnt take any, the ir sensor is all jacked up, had three deer in the food plot eating, playing, standing right in front of the cam, climb down and the end of the night to pull the card to see what pics it took and to my suprise.. NO pictures taken.. and didnt take a picture of me standing in front of it until i had my hand on the camera to open it up.. thank god i kept my reciept and box so bass pro is gonna take it back and i am gonna try another one so we will see what happens.... also if you havent tried it yet get the solar panel, def worth the 20 bucks..
Old 10-15-2007, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

i just bought the i60 and i do not like it at all. the ir flash spooks the deer, is completely noticeable, and all my night pics are blurry. how would you like a $300 that did that?
Old 10-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

Had one for 2yrs and I'm very satisfied with it. Will buy another soon.....