Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Want to get into Trail Cams >

Want to get into Trail Cams

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Want to get into Trail Cams

Old 08-27-2007, 01:21 AM

Default Want to get into Trail Cams

Hiya all: I wanted to search through this forum to see if anyone had asked this question yet or not before I posted. As there is no search here, I am just going to ask it. I just really got into making deer hunting an obsession and I want to explore all the angles that it has to offer. I planted a food plot this year which is a first for me and I also learned how to call and rattle as well. I have seen so many ads on these trail cams however, and I can see how smart it would be to have one, as you could scout potential hunting spots without really having to scout. Where I have planted I feel is a major magnet for deer. It is located within thick cover so deer will feel safe travelling that corridor. Where I want to put the trail cam (so I can be sure that deer are actually travelling through there andnot just at night)is about 20-25 feet from the center of my food plot. That way I can be taking pictures of every deer coming through that area from whatever route that they could possibly come in from. Is 20-25 feet away from my target area too far away? Will the deer's motion be enough to set off the camera so it could take pictures? Any input would be grand and ty in advance for it, Owner.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Spike

Default RE: Want to get into Trail Cams

Trail camsare very addicting. The best thing for you to do is go to www.chasingame.com & look at their reviews & go to their forums as well. You'll learn a lot !
Old 08-29-2007, 03:35 PM

If you want to search something, it's on the bottom right hand corner, under search!
Old 08-31-2007, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

Digital trail cameras shouldn't have any trouble detecting motion out to 25 feet. Ideally I like to get them a little closer than 20 to 25 feet when possible for good pictures, especially at night.

The quality of the pictures is highly dependent on the trail camera that you choose.