HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Want to get into Trail Cams
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 01:21 AM
OwnerITO

Default Want to get into Trail Cams

Hiya all: I wanted to search through this forum to see if anyone had asked this question yet or not before I posted. As there is no search here, I am just going to ask it. I just really got into making deer hunting an obsession and I want to explore all the angles that it has to offer. I planted a food plot this year which is a first for me and I also learned how to call and rattle as well. I have seen so many ads on these trail cams however, and I can see how smart it would be to have one, as you could scout potential hunting spots without really having to scout. Where I have planted I feel is a major magnet for deer. It is located within thick cover so deer will feel safe travelling that corridor. Where I want to put the trail cam (so I can be sure that deer are actually travelling through there andnot just at night)is about 20-25 feet from the center of my food plot. That way I can be taking pictures of every deer coming through that area from whatever route that they could possibly come in from. Is 20-25 feet away from my target area too far away? Will the deer's motion be enough to set off the camera so it could take pictures? Any input would be grand and ty in advance for it, Owner.