Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help w/ Trail cams...... >

Help w/ Trail cams......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help w/ Trail cams......

Old 07-11-2006, 10:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Help w/ Trail cams......

Hey guys:

I'm a board member.....but I guess I've taken the warm season "off". I'm getting ready to start cutting trails.....and I've got my stand locations set. The feeders go back out, tomorrow (Yes...feeders are legal in my state....but I don't hunt over them. I have three to set out on the tract I hunt), and I'm wanting to get some trail cam pics. I don't think I need to have the best.....but I do know I want digital......at least 2.1mp. What a "Good" (not great) trail cam for a reasonable price?

Thanks.....an I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.

Jeff
Old 07-11-2006, 10:39 AM

Default RE: Help w/ Trail cams......

I have two steailth cams 1.3 mp and have had no problems for 2 years. the pic quality and trigger time and range is fine, im sure that there are better ones out there but this is all I need. they cost about 160.00.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

get a moultrie 200 3.1 mp. i just got one and it ran me about 160 something look at my picture in my other posts i have one now its called the only one is the thread name and that pic came from my moultrie
Old 07-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out this site it has some awesome info. www.chasingame.com
Old 07-12-2006, 01:04 AM
Fork Horn

moultrie 200, leaf river, trailmac are all good game cams to look at
Old 07-12-2006, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

Stealth cams are great. I have a 3mp camera but I have it set down to 1.3 or something. I use 512mb cards and I can get many more pics on it by setting it to 1.3. I will be buying a few more this year and I will not waste the $$$ on high resolution cameras. THis is a scouting tool for me. I am not taking photo for the Associated Press. I would rather spend the money on additional flash cards. I have two cards per camera locxation and that makes it easy to swap out and save pictures in an organized way. I can get in and out quickly swap the cards and rush home to see the pics.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

If you just looking for a cheap camera Moultrie 200 isn't a bad camera. You can get them off of ebay for a good price. Even the older Cuddeback 1.3 are still better than some of the newer cameras and you can find them for a very reasonable price now.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

Get the new Moultrie 4.0 for only $149 or less.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Dominant Buck

I ordered the 200, today. Thanks for the replies.

Jeff
Old 07-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 200 is definately the way to go. Its not the greatest but gets the job done. One thing I've found with mine is I have the best results when it is only about 18-20 off the ground. When I had it higher it missed alot of pictures. Also, it has a slower response time so put it at a feeder, mineral lick, or aim it down a trail not across it. That way you'll have better luck at getting full pictures, not just halves of deer.

Quick Reply: Help w/ Trail cams......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.