Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 I60 going back to cabelas >

I60 going back to cabelas

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

I60 going back to cabelas

Old 08-17-2007, 05:41 PM

Default I60 going back to cabelas

well my testing is finished, it smoked another battery. the first time it took about 250+ pics on 6 duracell batteries then proceded to go from 99% battery life to 26% in the next 8 pics leaving a smoke film all over inside the camera, this was the first week i had it. after bringing it home and poping fresh batteries in, it worked great. i then decided to try an external battery from cabelas to see how that would work. thisbattery lasted 1 month,untillast night. i went to retrieve my cardand the batteryread 12.7 volts on my volt meter. well when i got home i thought i had 276 pics to look at on my card (this is what the cam told me before i removed the chip) and when i loaded it into my computer it poped up a warning box stating that the card needed to be formated before use. that sucked, 276 pics gone. well i decided to retrieve my camera andtake it back due to all the problems ive been having and get a new one, when i got to my camrea it read "unlock camera". this puzzled me but i figured o well. i unlocked the camera and it flashed "low battery", i came to find that the 12 volt external battery was now at 7.66 volts and had only taken 6 pictures since i left last night with the last pic not viewable.
my camera is the only one doing this that i have read and moultrie is begging for the cam to be returned but i will loose the last three weeks before bow season if i send it to them. i opted to return it to cabelas because of the salesmans pitch. he stated "if anything happens, we will replace it for you the same day if we have one in stock so you can get it back to your stand". we will see on that one....lol. they have treated me very well in the past so im sure they wont even bat an eye at this.
im starting to rethink selling my 4.1 to upgrade to this camera but i just have to remember, of the thousands made, there has to be a few bad ones. i have had 4 moultries before this and all were great so i guess i was due.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I60 going back to cabelas

my i 40 works great its about 2 weeks old now
Old 08-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Spike

Don't feel too bad.... even my 2005 3.0 Cudde after a year went haywire on me. Every make has a few bad apples here & there, so good luck on your next cam !
Old 08-18-2007, 09:24 PM

i am not having much luck with these cameras.i got back from cabelas (65 miles away) and thought i was going to be back in business but was wrong. i set the cam up to take some samples and insure that it works before setting it up in the woods and it burned out, i did pay very close attention to the direction the batteries were placed into the cam because moultrie said this is what they believed happened with the first cam. it took one pic just fine but when it went to take the second it lit up the IR lights and made a wierd hum and hissing sound for about 2 - 3 seconds, then it went blank. the only thing that works is the laser, the display wont even show anything. im starting to wonder if cabelas got a bad batch. i did ask if they heard of any other cams doing this when i returned the first cambut they havent, now they will have two. lucky me.....[>:]