Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

wind?

Old 07-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default wind?

anyone have problems with wind setting there camera off.... i jus checked mine... had 11 photos an they were within the last 2 days(only been out 3 days) an nothing was on them.. they started yesterday evening... soeme like 2 minutes apart.... its been windy the last 2 days... am i right thinkin the wind is settin er off?
Old 07-01-2007, 01:52 PM

Default RE: wind?

You obviously don't have a Moultrie. I have been having multiple wind caused shots on my Stealthcam WD-1 and WD-2 this week. I didn't know they would do that. I have to clip the branches that are waving in front of the camera. I have many shots to tell me which ones to clip[8D]. My Moultrie 200of course has never done that. That is why they have the "sureshot" feature. But it doesn't take very many pictures. oh well, there is good and bad to every style
Old 07-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: marlin 25 36

You obviously don't have a Moultrie. I have been having multiple wind caused shots on my Stealthcam WD-1 and WD-2 this week. I didn't know they would do that. I have to clip the branches that are waving in front of the camera. I have many shots to tell me which ones to clip[8D]. My Moultrie 200of course has never done that. That is why they have the "sureshot" feature. But it doesn't take very many pictures. oh well, there is good and bad to every style
moultries do that too. I had a d40, of the roughly 400 pictures I got w/ it 11 had deer/bear, while every other picture was of nothing! My stealth wd-2 was also famous for that. can't win.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

in less in get the brushhog out i dont see me fixin the wind proablem as my camera over looks a field knee-wasit high with grass....ah well jus wait for the wind to stop
Old 07-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

the older moultries like the gamespy 100 and 200 used a heat sensor so they were less likely to trigger at movement of such things however they were just plain slow to trigger. the new ones are alot faster and it causes me to wonder if they use a motion sensor now. With the wind issue are you sure the tree it is on is'nt to small and wind is moveing it causeing it to trigger I have had that problem before.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: patchholder

the older moultries like the gamespy 100 and 200 used a heat sensor so they were less likely to trigger at movement of such things however they were just plain slow to trigger. the new ones are alot faster and it causes me to wonder if they use a motion sensor now. With the wind issue are you sure the tree it is on is'nt to small and wind is moveing it causeing it to trigger I have had that problem before.

Thats a very good possiablity.. its on a tree no bigger than 2 1/2 inches.lol... only good tree to put it on... ill have to look at the pictures real close to see if the objects are moved a lil bit from the camera movin....