Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Wildview - rechargeable battery questions >

Wildview - rechargeable battery questions

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Wildview - rechargeable battery questions

Old 10-13-2006, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wildview - rechargeable battery questions

OK, first of all, glad to have this forum.

Have any of you used rechargeable batteries with your wildview 2.0. I have one of each (big flash and tiny flash, or sometimes called 2005 and 2006 versions). What kind of battery life are you getting and how many ah are your batteries? Using 4 c batteries in less then 2 weeks is getting really old!!!! I'm missing lots of pics because of dead batteries.

Ok, another question. why do you need a 12v battery if the wildview only uses 4c batteries (6v)?

Old 10-14-2006, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wildview - rechargeable battery questions

I use rechargable Energizer C batteries in mine. They last a little over a week.

They are a bit more expensive but they pay for themselves in the long run.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 Wildview 2.0 cameras (just got them in the past couple weeks). I was going to get the cheaper .3 mp cam but that would not work with my Stealth 12V battery pack (the 2.0 will). I have had on cam on the 12V pack for nearly 2 weeks and still going and it has taken many (100) pics and still going strong. My old Stealth cam would only go 1.5 weeks with the 12V. I am hoping it will last much longer than 2 weeks (we'll see). I have only have the other cam up with regular C batteries for a week (taken 90 pics). I'll report back when the batteries die (hopefully many, many weeks). In comparison, I get 3 months from the Ds in my Cuddeback.

In general, rechargeables will not last as long as regular batteries, but you can recharge them. You need to know the length they will last and change them on a schedule (have a second set). Weeks are good (months would be better). Anything is better that the 3 days my batteries would last in my old Stealth!!! It's amazing to me that Stealths suck down batteries so bad and it appears that the Wildviews are much better when Wildviews are made by Stealth??????
Old 10-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

I've used rechargeable C batteries in both of my Wildview and Xtreme II and I got about one week. I never got the chance to try the 12v Stealth battery because the Xtreme II flash quit working and I returned it.