Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Rechargeable battery deal >

Rechargeable battery deal

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Rechargeable battery deal

Old 02-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default Rechargeable battery deal

Well, I just bought my Cuddeback No Flash Camera. I've been using Moultries for two years with rechargeable batteries and was determaned to use them in my new Cuddy so here's what I did. First I bought some 1 and a quarter inchdia. wooden dowel rod and cut it into two lengths of 4 and 3/16" I think it was. The length of two "D" size batteries. Then I soldered a copper penny to a length of red wire and the other dowel had the black wire and soldered penny. The pennyswere opoxied to each dowel so they served as the batteries in the cuddy. The pennys made the necessary contact with the cam's contacts and the positive and negitive wires were used to hook up to an external battery. In this case, I am using a 6 volt battery, rechargeable of course. I have read that some of you are using the 14MAH 6V battery obtainable from Radio Shack and BatteriesPlus. I called Batteriesplus and got a price of $26.95 for that battery. I then drove to our Radio Shack and the salesman didn't have any of the 6V batteries in stock but he took the time to find what I needed in his computer at their warehouse. You won't believe what he found for me and I hope it isn't a mistake as I ordered two of them right away to be shipped to my home next week. They have 6V 4500MAH for $15.99. That's right, 4500MAH batteries and they are not any bigger than a regular 6V rechargeable battery.That's like a hundred times longer lasting than a 4.5MAH battery. If it is indeed a mistake, then of course I'll get my money back but I have the spec page printed from the store showing it. I just wanted to pass this on to you guys that have 6V systems and may be looking for a long life battery. Sorry for the long post.
BBO
Old 02-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rechargeable battery deal

I've never heard of a 6 volt 4.5 or 14mAh battery. That would be about the size of a watch battery or smaller.

I think your 4.5 mAh= 4500 mAh and 14 mAh= 14000 mAh.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rechargeable battery deal

I believe you are right npaden. I was just looking on some of my old 6V rechargeables and they have either 4.5 AH or 5 or 6AH. I guess that stands for amp hours and mah is milli amp hours. I know little about batteries. Sooo, the deal at Radio Shack isn't such a good deal after all. LOL. My bad.
BBO