Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

goex olde eynsford bp

Old 02-21-2016, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Its about $1.60/lb more than regular Goex at Graf's now
http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/vendor/vendorId/39

Swiss at Grafs is now $24.99/lb
Old 02-21-2016, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

i shoot shutz in my .58 big boar and shot it in my yeager target rifle and didn't feel it was too dirty. i shoot 5 round ball then clean no problem and clean up is two to three patches and ready for the next five shots.maybe the barrels make a big difference ?
Old 02-21-2016, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Its about $1.60/lb more than regular Goex at Graf's now
http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/vendor/vendorId/39
is that lb for lb ? if you buy volume that will come down. nobody buy's a lb alone especially with shipping and hazmat?
Old 02-21-2016, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
is that lb for lb ? if you buy volume that will come down. nobody buy's a lb alone especially with shipping and hazmat?
I do, i can walk in Grafs and buy it face to face.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
I do, i can walk in Grafs and buy it face to face.
that's really a good deal for you !! i can get a really good deal as well thru the club as we get at least 50 lbs at a time so we can really save !
Old 02-21-2016, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Swiss is dirty yes, but to say it's dirtier than Pyrodex is pure blasphemy Pete!!! OE is just a bit dirtier than Swiss but not by much that I could tell the few times I used it.

MD is probably correct as to why it's priced the way it is Pete. And if you look at shipping overseas and hazmat charges and such you will see why it's so much cheaper than Swiss. I've no clue why OE is only marginally more expensive than reg Goex other than they just have a good mark up on Goex and don't charge such a high mark up on OE. If they did, then they wouldn't sell much because if they were close in price comparison to the better known Swiss people wouldn't buy it.
I'd bet you any amount of money that I can get more shots without swabbing with Pyrodex than Swiss.

Pyro is crap, but it's cleaner than BP.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I'd bet you any amount of money that I can get more shots without swabbing with Pyrodex than Swiss.

Pyro is crap, but it's cleaner than BP.
i'm just excited to be able to shoot american made powder !!!
Old 02-21-2016, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

Do yourself a favor and don't buy Pyrodex. Mid to top-level BP is more dependable and more accurate. I have never found Pyrodex to be cleaner either. That stuff is just plain nasty ...IMO.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ridiculous. Anybody who says Pyrodex isn't cleaner than BP hasn't shot both powders in a sidelock with a tight PRB.

I'm talking about greased patches. The liquid lubes that are made for range shooting doesn't count. They pretty much wash away the fouling when loaded. It's no good for hunting though.

So, i'm talking about hunting loads. A tight PRB will show you exactly how much fouling you have. If the PRB isn't tight. All bets are off.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GoexBlackhorn
Do yourself a favor and don't buy Pyrodex. Mid to top-level BP is more dependable and more accurate. I have never found Pyrodex to be cleaner either. That stuff is just plain nasty ...IMO.
i'm not sure about dependability but i do think bp is more accurate. my bp guns shoot way tighter groups than my inline but the true test will be when i switch to bp in my inlines which i'm going to do when i run out of the pyro and the 777.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.