Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

goex olde eynsford bp

Old 02-20-2016, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default goex olde eynsford bp

anybody use this bp yet and if so what's your thought on how it performs. i'm going to have to place a powder order and thought i would give this usa made powder a try. thanks !!
Old 02-20-2016, 03:51 PM
Banned

Great powerful stuff and $10+ cheaper than swiss. No complaints only other than I do not have any on hand.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Great powerful stuff and $10+ cheaper than swiss. No complaints only other than I do not have any on hand.
notice any difference in group size ?
Old 02-20-2016, 05:12 PM
Banned

Its not so much group size but consistency in velocity. Powder can only play so much for accuracy, a lot of other factors, a good many of them being the shooter itself.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Its not so much group size but consistency in velocity. Powder can only play so much for accuracy, a lot of other factors, a good many of them being the shooter itself.
More or less than swiss?
Old 02-20-2016, 07:23 PM
Banned

It runs very close to swiss in velocity.

Im running around 1600 with 90gr OE.

With goex 2fg and 100 grains, I run 1604 avg.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:13 AM
Fork Horn

OE is noticeably cleaner-burning than Goex and OE's grain size in FF, is about equal to Goex FFF.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GoexBlackhorn
OE is noticeably cleaner-burning than Goex and OE's grain size in FF, is about equal to Goex FFF.
i wonder if a rifle shoots well with 2f and the eynsford 2f is more like 3f if i should get the 1.5 which i probably why they make the 1.5 to make it equal to the 2f in size ??
Old 02-21-2016, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm suspicious that OE is a true black powder. I think something is added to give it the extra power. It doesn't feel like BP or even sound like BP when shot. It feels more like a sub and quite different to Swiss.

How it can compete with Swiss while being $10lb cheaper also makes me suspicious.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Consistency often times results in more power. If you have kernel size all over the place like a LOT of BP, then you will have much less burn rate. OE is very consistent in their size of kernels much like Swiss is.

Pete, I have a feeling the reason OE is cheaper is because it isn't shipped in to the US so it doesn't have as much cost overhead like Swiss does.

As far as comparisons, I've used both and have found them pretty much equal except for cleanup. Swiss wins hands down there. But Swiss is a hell of a lot easier to find though! OE has a tendency to be under shipped to stores for some reason. Maybe popularity hasn't caught up to it's performance?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.