Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Osage Tiller

Old 03-17-2009, 07:09 PM
bigcountry

Default Osage Tiller

Ok, guys here's an osage I screwed up a few months ago. I had her real nice and with 2min of ignorance, I caused 15lb weight loss, and hours upon hours of work for myself. So I developed a hinge about 8" from the tip.

I think I got that hinge out. Well close anyway. Here she is at 24". She is at 66" NTN and a mere 38lb draw at 29". So, I plan on piking 1.3" off each end, and laying 3 courses of sinew. Some have said I was wasting my time getting that hinge out before sinewing but I didn't want to sinew over it. I figured after all that I should be up to good fightin wieght.

Think I should make more adjustments before cutting off my antler tips and sinewing?

Old 03-23-2009, 06:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Osage Tiller

Not bad. Might losen the first third just a tad so you can get a bit more bend off the fades.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:12 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Osage Tiller

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Not bad. Might losen the first third just a tad so you can get a bit more bend off the fades.
I see that now. Ok, here's what happened. I used the little gizmo with the pencil and would remove anywhere it made marks. Well near the fades, I didn't pay attention to because the fades I guess raised the little gizmo.

thanks, bad news is I will have to retiller when my sinew dries.