Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Crossbow debate

Old 01-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Crossbow debate

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: ICALL2MUCH

big,

No crap intended, at all. Just looking for input and different perspectives. I've never got a trad. gear persons input on this. I assume it is con, but I'd like to hear why. Who knows, we might learn something!
You mean to tell me, your not smart enough to do a search on the multiple dozens of crossbow debate threads in the bowhunting forum???

You have posted this crap on 3 forums so far. Why? Nothing ever good comes of it.
Looking for different perspectives. I've never heard a trad gear persons perspective on crossbows. I could suspect things, but I'd rather hear it from the horses mouth. That is how we learn. Open-minded people.

Different people visit different Forums. I'm sure you know that, 16000 posts in.

You're a pretty cozy fella.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:17 AM
bigcountry

Looking for different perspectives. I've never heard a trad gear persons perspective on crossbows. I could suspect things, but I'd rather hear it from the horses mouth. That is how we learn. Open-minded people.

Different people visit different Forums. I'm sure you know that, 16000 posts in.

So what do you plan on learning? What good is going to come from this new found knowledge you will have?

Sure different people visit different forums. But there is a reason why there are different forums for different subjects. i wouldn't have a problem if you had a trad question. But you don't.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

So what do you plan on learning? What good is going to come from this new found knowledge you will have?

Sure different people visit different forums. But there is a reason why there are different forums for different subjects. i wouldn't have a problem if you had a trad question. But you don't.

No trad question, but I'd like to hear trad views.

I plan on learning some trad. views on crossbows. I would assume that most are not for them. Why? Are any of you for them? Indifferent?
Old 01-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

I believe crossbows don'tbelong inbow/archery season.They just don't fit my idea of what constitutes a bow.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chris W.

I believe crossbows don't belong in bow/archery season. They just don't fit my idea of what constitutes a bow.

I would agree with that. Stick and string? Sure. But not a bow.

While I am certainly not against people using them, the term "crossbow" isn't the right term, IMO.