Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Field and Stream Crossbow Debate >

Field and Stream Crossbow Debate

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Field and Stream Crossbow Debate

Old 06-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Field and Stream Crossbow Debate

Just when you thought every thing in the world had been said about the crossbow debate on the Outdoor Life Blog, Field and Stream jumps into the water to join the party. IS THIS A HOT TOPIC OR WHAT? The link is below, do what you will as the debate spreads throughout our industry like a wildfire. Oorah![/align][/align]http://fieldandstream.blogs.com/gunnut/2007/06/the_great_cross.html[/align]
Old 06-13-2007, 10:44 PM

Default RE: Field and Stream Crossbow Debate

Old 06-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like a two-bagger to me.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

Starting to look like a no-brainer - literally. Never seen so much hate towards another person doing something on their own land that doesn't affect them one bit.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

I love it when the antis get going with a full head of steam. They are the best advertising we have. Real friendly bunch aren't they. If we leave the future of hunting in their hands, we are all screwed.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:00 PM

i hear alot of - you need a disabled permit to hunt with a crossbow . i have a horton steelforce 150 , and i would like to see a person pull back the string. i have a pse compound set at 70lbs thats easier to pull back than the crossbow .
but any way in pennsylvania you are allowed to hunt with a crossbow in regular rifle deer season / late flintlock or muzzleloader season as long as you have a muzzleloader stamp / and turkey season .
just because you dont have to hold the draw like regular bows doesnt mean you have torelax on any ofyourhunting skills. you still have to go by the rut , worry about scent, scout the areasyou plan on hunting ect . . .no matter what weapon you use - good luck to all on future seasons to come and pass on the hunting tradition