Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

TN Archers

Old 03-06-2008, 02:36 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default TN Archers

And surrounding states.....

"The Tennessee Traditional Archery Society will be having our first annual banquet March 15 at Cumberland Mountain Sate Park in Crossville. We've worked pretty hard on starting this organization and hoding our first banquet and anyone interested is more than welcome to join us. Our guest speaker will be Mr. Ron LaClair. We will have a catered meal Saturday evening and the Boy Scouts will be cooking chilli for lunch Saturday. We will be holding various seminars, auctions, and lots of good fellowship. Jim Bowman and Chad Slagle will be in attendance so I'm sure a good trad bowhunting song or two is likely to brake out!

Tickets are $20.00 for adults, $15.00 for 18 - 14 year olds, and $10.00 for children. Anyone interested in more information can contact myself through a pm. or Bob Brundage at "[email protected]".

The following morning The Old Fartes will be holding there first shoot of the year close by. "

I'm a MS resident, but a member and plan to be there with my son. The Olde Fartes shoot is also the first leg of the TN Triple Crown (second year for that). Another leg will be the TN Classic at Twin Oaks in Clarkesville, then the last at Lost Tribe in Collierville.

The OFgang puts on a great shoot--them boys ain't right! Expect a challenging course, and maybe a suprise or two along the way.

Hope to see some of you there!

Chad

Old 03-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: TN Archers

I can't make it Saturday, but I'm hoping to be at the Olde Fartes shoot Sunday. Hope to see you there, Chad.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:16 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

If anything goes right, I'll be there with my son--look forward to seeing you--maybe we can shoot a round. I'll probably bring my longbow and selfbow.

Chad
Old 03-07-2008, 03:00 PM

I'd love to be there Chad, but with $3 gas, I've having to cut back on these types of trips... I doubt I will even make a lost tribe shoot this year.... And I really enjoy that September shoot!

Good luck with the organization and if you figure out a way to get bowhunters involved and motivated, please let me know about it!
Old 03-08-2008, 05:59 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

DC, if you want to meet me you are welcome to ride with us--to the TTAS Banquet and to any of the LT shoots (I plan to be at most--would be at the one today, but it's my son's birthday and we have other plans).

Shoot me an e-mail if you want to go--we planned to leave out Friday afternoon, but that can be changed if needed.

Chad