Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Shooting Form

Old 03-07-2008, 07:10 PM
bigcountry

Default Shooting Form

Here is my shooting form with my longbow. I was worried I was taking my head to my bow but I think this looks good. What do ya think?

Both these are 30" arrows from nock to behind the glue in tip.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:11 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Shooting Form

Here is one of me with my zipper 60#

Old 03-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks awesome! Send it through the vitals brother. Nice setup.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Banned

I was just curious about your thumb. Do you feel it on the side of your face when you draw? I tuck mine, and sometimes if I dont have it just right, I feel like I haveto pull around it to get my anchor right. Might have to give that a try.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:06 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: vabyrd

I was just curious about your thumb. Do you feel it on the side of your face when you draw? I tuck mine, and sometimes if I dont have it just right, I feel like I haveto pull around it to get my anchor right. Might have to give that a try.
Yea, something I always done, even with fingers shooting with compounds.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:42 AM

I was taught a long time ago when i was a kid by an indian friend of my dads to slighly bend my knees twist the bow to about 85 to 80 degrees andcrack shoot! Dont know if its right but Ive been shooting my recurves and stick bows that way for 32 years.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:01 AM

whoa, whoa whoa..... You've got it all wrong! Switch hands and then flip the bow end on end.....

Seriously, great looking form... You line looks good to me...
Old 03-08-2008, 08:16 AM
bigcountry

DC, I am 6'2", and seems like I have an honest 28.5" draw. I was concerned that I was missing something cause so many people as tall as me has like 30" draw. Guess I got short arms.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

Things look pretty good. I noticed that in the pictures, you seem to be more upright than what you are in your avatar. Some video of you actually shooting would be far more telling. Sometimeswhen folks pose for the camera, their form tends tolook a bit different than what it is when they're actually shooting.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:32 AM
bigcountry

In my avatar, I am shooting downhill, but I am trying to be more vertical and not so hunched over. I might try to get a video.

Quick Reply: Shooting Form

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.