Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa archers

Old 02-03-2002, 01:37 PM

Default Pa archers

why is it the same old comments about archers wanting to be able to kill any deer in archery season on their back tag and archery permit. Sans an anterless tag.Still come up? Could it be they think the price of their archery permit should allow them this privledge? Some of these same guys state they would pay $1000 for a hunting tag. Yet gripe about needing to pay a few $ for a doe permit.Don't gun hunters need to buy a doe permit too?I think a better question would be why don't MZ hunters need a doe permit. The PGC could use the $$.
Old 02-04-2002, 05:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Pa archers

Wow, 19 "views" and no responses.

I don't have an answer to your question since I like the doe tag system the way it is....in fact, I would be against going with the "either sex" tag idea that was in use several years ago. Once one deer was shot the archery season was over for that individual...at least now one deer can be taken and the hunter can continue to hunt...provided he/she has a doe tag.
Old 02-04-2002, 06:38 AM

Default RE: Pa archers

I don't have a problem with paying for a doe permit in any season.I think the real problem might be,is it a doe that is harvested with the permit.Untill a better system is found to see just how many doe are in the herd in every area,
it doesn't matter who pays what we all loose in the long run.