Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

FS Discount Archery

Old 01-29-2008, 04:26 PM

Default FS Discount Archery

I ordered a bow from FS Discount archery and it never arrived. I called the company two weeks after I ordered it to check the status of the order. I spoke with a gentleman who told me the bow had shipped on January 2nd. A week later, I called again and spoke with another gentleman who told me they had ordered the bow on January 2nd. I called again a week later and spoke with a lady who told me she would call the company they ordered the bow from and check the status of the order. She called me back and told me the company did not have the particular bow I ordered and asked if I'd like a different bow, or if I'd like to cancel the order. I told her I would like to cancel. She handed the phone to a gentleman who tried to talk me out of cancelling the order. He tried to sell me a different bow which, he said, was better than the one I ordered. I cancelled the order and told him to charge the payment back to my credit card. A week later, I called the company again and spoke with another lady. I told her I had not yet received credit for my refund. She told me I need to call my bank. The next day, I called my bank and was told the credit has never been issued. I was told it would show up by the next business day. I called FS back and told them I was not credited. The lady there told me the man who credited my account back was off sick and that I would need to speak with him. She offered to take my phone number and have him call me when he returns to work. I insisted that she refund my money and she hung up on me. I then filed a complaint with the BBB. These are not good people to do business with. Personally, I think they're just crooks.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:36 PM

Default RE: FS Discount Archery

I bought a new bow from Hunter's Friend in KY. It was shipped in a hard plastic case which was in a cardboard box. It took FedEX ground 6 days to get from KY to Farmington, NM at the distribution center. The bow was loaded the next day for delivery to Cortez, CO (80 miles) but not delivered. This happened time-after-time for the next 8 days. I kept looking at Tracking on the Internet. It was loaded, banged around returned to Farmington day after day.

We chased down FedEX truck after FedEX truck delivering in Cortez and the surrounding area. None had the bow. One FedEx truck did have a package for me, but it was a BB gun for my grandson. The driver had no idea where I lived even though I had received two bows via FedEx in the two months before this episode. Calls to FedEx customer service were useless. Whomever it was sounded East Indian and spoke poor English and could not take down the info correctly. Calls by HF to their FedEx rep were useless. The last FedEX truck we stopped said that they saw the package come back in and they were trying to "fix" it up for delivery????

The 8th day at 5 pm a pickup truck pulls in my driveway. This is below freezing weather with snow. The guy gets out and says, "Here is your bow. (The cardboard carton it was in was gone. It was just the bowcase.) We didn't shoot it or anything". I was so pissed I read him the riot act.

I asked the FedEX ground driver to order a new $800 TV and let me deliver it to him. I will put it in the back of my truck and bang it around for a week until the box it is in falls apart and then I will toss what is left in my truck and drop it by your house. That was the equivalent of what they did with my bow. Two weeks to deliver it. I also told him that I never ever wanted to have a FedEX truck come to my place again if I could help it. There would be no packages shipped by me via FedEx EVER!

I wrote the Corporate President of FedEx Ground which I found on the internet. BTW, the dude makes $750K in salary, plus bonus and stock options for a cool $1.5 million a year according to a press release on line. And I wrote the manager of Farmington FedEX ground. Neither have contacted me. But I figured that given the way FedEX ground handled the problem. I know it is small potatoes to them as they handle millions of packages, but it is a BIG DEAL to me as I only buy a new bow for myself about once every 6 years.

And believe it or not, the bow was not damaged thanks to the hardcase it was shipped in. And Hunter's Friend is an excellent bunch of guys to deal with. I have nothing but kudos for them.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I never really had a problem with them in the past. But will keep this in mind. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:56 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I've had problems, but they got resolved. Actually quit using them for several years after one lady got smart with me on the phone, but started placing a few orders a few months ago for items I couldn't find anywhere else. Glad this came up--reminded me I need to call about something that was back-ordered a month or so ago and hasn't arrived yet.

I'd ask to speak to the boss--can't remember his name, but he seems to be able to clear up any messes.

Chad
Old 01-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Spike

The only two places I have ordered from with no problems ever is Cabelas and Keystone Country Store.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:46 PM

I will never deal with FS Discount.I seen the same carbon shafts I shoot on there site and seen they were much cheaper than anyone else.after talking with them now I know why,they make all there money back in stupid handling charges they were going to charge me $15.00 hand fee for each item I wanted to purchas, I can not say in the forum what I told the crook cause I would banned but it was not to flattering.All thought what they are doing is not ilegal I do not like it when some companys try to suck you in and lead you to believe that there prices are the best but by the time you are done with all these stupid charges and crap you would end up spending more than you would any where else,and just for the record the peckerhead I talked to on the phone told me the $15.00 for each item olny covered him boxing it up and standing in line at the post office and did not cover shipping.I would rather a company just sell there products on par with everyone else or some where around the same price rather than wastsing my time calling them olny to find out they olny want to screw me and will not even kiss me first.I wish them all the worst and other companys that use the same tactics to sucker people.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

I'll only traditional archery gear from 3 Rivers Archery. I ordered a cordovan leather shooting tab (it was expensive) but I won't shoot with anything else!
Old 02-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Spike

I ordered a bow from them several years ago. After I paid for it they changed the price and refused to ship the bow that I had already purchased. It took me several phone calls over a couple of weeks to get my money back.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:14 AM

I just ordered some arrow supplies from Lancaster for the first time and they shipped them super fast.