Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 The TN Classic at Twin Oaks >

The TN Classic at Twin Oaks

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

The TN Classic at Twin Oaks

Old 05-08-2006, 07:22 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default The TN Classic at Twin Oaks

It was excellent as always. A little rain, but mostly at night--not enough to hurt a thing. Lots of vendors, lots of shooters, lots of selfbows created and lots of arrows shot. You owe it to yourself to plan for this one next year--and if you go once, I bet you will go back.

Chad
Old 05-09-2006, 03:13 PM

Default RE: The TN Classic at Twin Oaks

I've got to go that one next year...... There are just so many shoots and so little time.... I also like to support the local shoots around here.... They desparately need funds just to stay open......

I may have to bum a ride with you next year Chad!
Old 05-09-2006, 07:25 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Just holler! Be warned though--I go up on Thursday, if not sooner. Some guys start camping there on Monday or Tuesday, and stay on into the next week!

I understand on the local shoots, but IMO the one that's held on the same weekend shot itself in the foot a few years ago.

We have another great one coming up on the 20th and 21st of this month--the Jerry Pierce Memorial Shootout at Enid Lake. LOVE the course there--real nasty, trashy, brushy, shadowy, targets not broadside, make you wanna chew up a broadhead and spit out finishing nails type shots. Good food, good music, good novelties, and a great time to be had there! I plan on getting there Friday and staying until Sunday. Then we have the Howard Hill at Tannehill coming up the first weekend in June.

If you are free this coming Saturday, there is an EXCELLENT monthly shoot (all trad) at Herb Parson's Lake in Collierville (just outside Memphis) put on by Lost Tribe. If you want, give me a holler and you can ride with me or follow me in. Great folks there, and a really good course too.

Chad
Old 05-10-2006, 05:47 AM

Hey Chad, I wasn't talking about THAT local shoot.... I mean the one's in Yazoo City, Greenville, etc.... Just the local mixed shoots that can barely pay for the targets.... I like to throw them some support when I can..... Like I said, too many shoots and too little time......

I hope to make Enid and will if all goes well..... I'd also like to go to the Lost Tribe shoot, but I've got too much to do..... I hope to maybe make their last shoot of the year..... My schedule should allow that one.....
Old 05-10-2006, 11:21 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I gotcha--I want to make it back to Yazoo again myself. Great shoot, but a dang long drive for me. Looks like our last local club is going to fold due to lack of shooters--I don't get it, because there's gobs of bow hunters around here. Guess my "home" club is going to be Lost Tribe now (a mere 2 hrs away).

Hope you can make their last shoot--raffling off a NICE Hunter II, complete with a Rod Jenkins td case. Lots of nice door prizes also.

Chad
Old 05-10-2006, 12:03 PM

Definitely Chad, don't let me forget about that one...